(04-12-2005) Read Willie's Diary! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Read Willie's Diary!

U2 production designer Willie Williams' diary on U2.com has been updated to include rehearsals from March 29, 2005. To read the entry, available in the members-only Tours section, click here.

An entry from April 1 in Anaheim has been added here. April 2 has also been added here. April 5th and April 6th at the Staples Center are also now available.

San Jose 1 and 2 are now up.

Of the rehearsal, held the day after Vertigo's opening night, Williams writes:

It’s an act of great wisdom to schedule a rehearsal day between the first two shows of a tour. Not many bands have cottoned on to this, but U2 have made a point of it since Elevation.

Of the April 1st show, Willie says:
The day began with an e-mail from Bono with a plan to bomb the set-list out of recognition. Once I had established that this was not an April Fools joke, I was well up for it as I would hope this is going to be a tour where we can experiment and take some chances. Besides, it’s good to keep the punters guessing.

--U2.com

Last edited:
apparantly you have to be a paying member to view this...that sux. I remember reading the tour diary during Elevation. was great fun!! U2.com membership is only good for Americans and some Europeans cos they only have to pay one year's prescription and see a tour with advance tickets....Aussies who want advance tickets(which aint gonna happen from now on if you are'nt already a member) would have to pay 2 years subscription if they were lucky enough to subscribe before U2 membership made the oh so wise decision to not allow advance tickets to new members...
I know there are other things on u2.com that are cool, but is it worth paying $80 a year??

Would be nice if Willie's diary was free for everyone to see like Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom