(04-12-2005) Bloom Blown Away By U2 Experience -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bloom Blown Away By U2 Experience

Screen heart-throb ORLANDO BLOOM is a huge fan of Irish rockers U2 after seeing them perform on their VERTIGO world tour - and he was deeply touched by frontman BONO's humanitarian message.

The PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN star revelled in the blend of rock 'n' roll and politics as the BEAUTIFUL DAY hitmakers both thrilled and educated their fans.

He says, "Bono, who's such a remarkable man, had a screen which projected the 1948 UN declaration of human rights. The first six chapters of it all said, basically that we are a fellowship, a brotherhood, each man is equal.

"What an amazing message to play at a cool, huge concert where he's just rocked out and given everyone a great show. And it was cool to see it, the only way Bono knows how.

"He had a bandage on his head which said 'Jew, Christian...' ie. we're all on the same planet as one, at some point we have to realise we're all connected as a family."

--contactmusic

What's with the cynicism? Is it not a good thing to read of anyone who can see what a great person Bono is?! :yes: :up:

I hope he jumps on the DATA bandwagon and gets his picture taken with Bono... PLEBA will go wild :rolleyes:

:wink:

Not everyone is a fan of Bono. :ohmy: I know - it's hard to believe, but it's true.

So when I see people like Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Oprah, Tom Hanks, Orlando Bloom, Chris Tucker, etc., mention Bono or hang out with Bono and discuss the problems in Africa and/or human rights, I view it as a good thing. :yes: Even if they are just jumping on the bandwagon, these other celebrity names will help get more people involved - those who hate Bono may love one of these other people... so it's all good. And since Bloom is so young and is a "heart throb", this helps cater to the younger audience too.

Then again, given the influx of young membes here at Interference, maybe that isn't needed. :) Regardless, it's good that Bloom has a bit of a brain. :D

I see he assumes that the screen is just Bono's. Not there are three other members of the band or anything like that.

U2@NYC said:
I guess this is an example of a completely irrelevant statement by someone who just happens to be famous :wink:

I guess ^that^ was an example of a transparently envious statement by someone who just happens not to be famous :wink:

Being a big fan of both U2 and Orlando Bloom (namely because of his role as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings trilogy), I've known for some time that he is also a fan of the band. And it's not up to Orlando as to who prints what about any comment he might make about anything!?:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom