(03-31-2005) Second Show, New Songs -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/news/images/sandiego4.jpg[/SIMG]
Second Show, New Songs

The band played the second show of the tour tonight and varied the set list from the opening night.

Full report on tonight’s show at the IPayOne Centre in San Diego on the way. Meantime, here’s tonight’s set list.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Cry / Electric Co.
Gloria
Beautiful Day
With or Without You
New Year’s Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation
Pride in the name of love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
All Because of You
Yahweh
"40"

--U2.com

That's from "Boy" actually. Just like "Electric Co", "I Will Follow" and "Out of Control" are.

Sorry to see An Cat Dubh go, (I hope it's temporary), but nice to see "October" (the "God album") finally get represented! I can't decidw which I'd like to hear better, but as long as "Electric Co", stays in, it's great!

GLORIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now they just have to cut Elevation and Pride and insert Until The End Of The World and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Elevation opened the last tour and is too recent. IMO Zoo Station works this time since enough time has gone by. Everyone is tired of Pride, even if they've never seen it live.

Cry is not on "Boy". Actually, Cry is just the opening riff from "Is that all?", which is on "October". Not sure about the lyrics though, but its the same opening for Electric co as the one on Under a blood red sky.

With or without you is good if bono gives it his all. Recently he talks his way through it. Spoils it for me. Play the Classics to the max otherwise dont bother. Just stick to the new songs that are fresh to play

Last edited:
jpjames said:
With or without you is good if bono gives it his all. Recently he talks his way through it. Spoils it for me. Play the Classics to the max otherwise dont bother. Just stick to the new songs that are fresh to play

Bono basically sleepwalks through two songs these days -- With Or Without You, and most of Streets (except for his leading speeches).

The rest of the band is spot-on, with these, but not Bono.

This is starting too much like the Pop Tour with the band's decision to carve out "Bad". If this is a permanent decision for the tour then the tour is already running on one less cylinder.

Not playing "Bad" tragic.

patrickU217 said:
Cry is not on "Boy". Actually, Cry is just the opening riff from "Is that all?", which is on "October". Not sure about the lyrics though, but its the same opening for Electric co as the one on Under a blood red sky.

Yeah, they used to play it before "Electric Co" live all the time, even before the riff ended up in "Is That All?"

U2: Please substitute "With Or Without You" with "A Man And A Woman"

Thanks,
JD

Back
Top Bottom