(03-23-2005) More Rehearsal Notes, More Spoilers! - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
More Rehearsal Notes, More Spoilers!

Interference had a forum member on the scene at the GM Place on Friday, March 18th, and this is what he reported back to us and our readers. Looks very good to us! ("Electric Co." and "An Cat Dubh"? Awesome!)

*5:45pm
Stuck In a Moment (very loose rehearsal - no vox)
Elevation (full band - trying out sounds/arrangment)

Band stopped. I left.

*8:00pm
Unknown (loose jamming with Edge trying out sounds etc.) barely audible outside venue. I left once again.

*10:00pm
One Step Closer
Electric Co. (full version 5-6mins)
An Cat Dubh (full version 5-6m)
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own (with Scott Walker outro - like SNL)
Love and Peace or Else
Elevation (live 'woos') (band fooled around with intro)
Stuck in a Moment (Bono and Edge keys only)
Yahweh (very rough version Bono and Edge guitar only)
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Gloria
Running to Stand Still (full version - Edge piano, no harmonica)
Zoo Station (with weird voiceover intro)
Vertigo (w/ Stories For Boys verse and 4-5sec gaps before each chorus)(tonight was very fast and ragged, it must have been a long day)
All Because of You
Sunday, Bloody Sunday (full band - original key, stopped after 2 lines - several more attempts with changes)

Many thanks to U2FanPeter!

Last edited:
Hmmm...why is it that people complain and want to hear more rarities, and then when something comes out showing rarities (An Cat Dubh, Electric Co, Running to Stand Still, Zoo Station, 40), people STILL complain and are not happy?

Always have made me curious at that. Frankly, this set list looks frickin' good to me. I'd switch the order, but good none the less.

The Boy stuff is great news. Zoo Station? Would be unbelievable. RTSS? A dream come true for someone who was only five in 1987 and has never seen it live. Elevation? How lame. Seriously, with their catalogue and all of the great new songs, there is no reason at all to play Elevation.

blueyedpoet said:
I really wish they'd play more than two songs from the 90s

Really. What the hell? I am very excited at the idea of them playing Zoo Station (and An Cat Dubh and Electric Co.), but they could play a little more from the 90s.

u2fanpeter, do you have any additional information about what the story was with SBS? why they only played two lines, what changes were they toying with, etc? thanks.

They played the song close to original key until it broke down 2 lines into the song. They then tried again, once or twice, doing the full song in a lower key. I think it was a higher key than 2001, but lower than the original.

Keep in mind that Bono sung for 3-4 days straight at almost 4 hours per night. The group themselves were apparently inside the venue for 12hrs (2pm-2am-ish) both thursday and friday.

SBS was played at the end of the long day, at around midnight.

U2FP

:ohmy: Whoah!!!!

Some real treats in that setlist: Zoo Station :drool:, An Cat Dubh :drool:, Electric co. :drool: and at risk of being a FREAK on this forum - Elevation :drool::hyper::faint::rockon:

Back
Top Bottom