(03-22-2006) African Well Fund Announces 4th Annual Bono Birthday Fundraiser - PRWeb*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
African Well Fund Announces 4th Annual Bono Birthday Fundraiser

The African Well Fund announces the fourth annual fund-raising drive to "Build a Well for Bono's Birthday." Donations may be made in Bono's honor from March 22nd through May 6th. The money raised will be used by our partner Africare to fund clean water projects in Zimbabwe.

Schenectady, NY (PRWEB) March 22, 2006 –- The African Well Fund is excited to announce plans for the 4th Annual Build a Well for Bono’s Birthday fund-raising drive. The fund-raiser aims to raise money in honor of Bono’s May 10th birthday. Donations for the drive will be collected from March 22nd to May 6th. All donations received will be used by our partner Africare to fund water projects in Zimbabwe.

U2 fans and others inspired by Bono’s tireless activism on behalf of Africa are invited to make a donation in his honor. Donations from the previous 3 campaigns totaled more than $50,000 and were used to fund water projects in Uganda, Ethiopia and Angola. This year the funds raised will be used for a project in Zimbabwe. Donations may be made by visiting our website at www.africanwellfund.org/donate.html . As in previous years, after donating, contributors are invited to sign our online card and leave a birthday wish for Bono. The messages along with a “Well Share” certificate for the amount donated will be delivered to Bono via Principle Management at the conclusion of the drive.

This year, the African Well Fund has two additional ways to participate in the birthday fund-raiser. The first is through the purchase of a t-shirt featuring the winner of our recent t-shirt design contest. Over 50 entries were received and with much difficulty a winning entry was chosen. The t-shirts featuring the selected design will be available for a limited time at http://www.cafepress.com/wellfund . All proceeds from the sales of these shirts will be added to the total. The birthday fundraiser will also be the beneficiary of a special EBay auction entitled PHOTOS4 // BBW4. Beginning April 17th, U2 fans will have the opportunity to bid on U2 concert photos donated by some very talented photographers. Check our website for further details.

The African Well Fund is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was founded in 2002 by a group of U2 fans. Since that time, AWF has raised more than $145,000, which has been used to fund more than 40 clean water projects in sub-Saharan Africa. All donations to the African Well Fund go directly to Africare, one of the leading private, non-profit, charitable organizations assisting Africa. The African Well Fund was founded to focus on one achievable goal: providing access to clean water to everyone in Africa. The African Well Fund believes that access to water is not merely a basic human need but a basic human right.

###

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/3/prweb361353.htm

As one of those who were there at the near beginning of the AWF and as one who has given the AWF my complete support in the intervening years, I wholeheartedly recommend that everyone at Interference find an amount of money that they can donate to bring clean water and renewed hope to African communities for many years to come by donating to this year's Bono Birthday Well project. :up:

The amount of money you give will pale in comparison to the POSITIVE feeling that you will have by donating to the AWF.

And imagine the joy that you will be part of bringing to Bono when he learns of the total amount of money raised by the AWF In the Name of Love!

There's no way you can lose.

I have already donated my contribution and have ordered two of the special Bono Birthday Well t-shirts along with signing Bono's b-day card on the AWF website.

I hope you will do the same real soon.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Thanks for all the email notices. I will make my donation and sign the card, etc. on the weekend. We get annual bonus checks this week! I hope this year's fund raising drive far exceeds those in years past!

:hug: Jamila for all your personal efforts in this endeavor

This is such a rewarding gift. I am pleased to contribute.
Could someone tell me where i go to sign the birthday card? I ordered the t-shirt and sent in a check today....
Thanks so much!!
Kelly OBrien

This year's donations will make even more of a difference. Zimbabwe is the recipient country for 2006 and the cost of a water project there is between $500-1200 USD, so the more donations we receive the more of an impact we can make there. We've been told there are up to 1000 sites for either new wells or repair of old/nonfuctional ones in this region. I'd love to see this fundraiser make a big impact there. I think we can do it.

kellystefanie said:
Could someone tell me where i go to sign the birthday card? I ordered the t-shirt and sent in a check today....
Thanks so much!!
Kelly OBrien

Kelly, please go to the website ( http://www.africanwellfund.org )
and follow the links to Bono's b-day card in order to offer Bono your best wishes for his special day.

And, more importantly, thanks for your contribution to this effort. Every contribution helps brings clean water to more African communities.

I hope that you'll wear your t-shirt proudly. :wink:

kellystefanie said:
Thanks so much!!
Kelly OBrien

Kelly - thanks so much for your contribution!

Here'd the direct link to the card -

http://www.africanwellfund.org/card06.html

Carek1230 said:
Thanks for all the email notices. I will make my donation and sign the card, etc. on the weekend. We get annual bonus checks this week! I hope this year's fund raising drive far exceeds those in years past!

Thank you so much for your support Carek1230 - as oktobergirl said we have a chance to make a significant impact in Zimbabwe.

Keep an eye on our website as we hope to post a more detailed overview of the Zimbabwe project soon.

On the serious side: What a meaningful gift for such an inspirational person. My shirt has been ordered and am looking forward to reading about the new wells constructed in Zimbabwe.

:applaud:

On the less-serious side: Thank you so much for offering a woman's shirt! As one who shares both Bono's age and body type ("VERY YOUNG" and short/stocky) I'm looking forward to receiving this. Love wearing my Music Rising shirt by Edun but it hangs about 2 inches above my knees, LOL!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom