(03-17-2005) U2 Rehearsal Setlist - Spoiler Alert! - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Rehearsal Setlist - Spoiler Alert!

Last night, a member of the Interference message boards hung out outside the GM Place in Vancouver - the site of U2's tour rehearsal residency.

The following list is what he and his friends heard. Looks good to us!

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stuck In A Moment
Love And Peace Or Else
Out Of Control
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
Walk On
Elevation
One
I Still Haven't Found
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
Running To Stand Still

Thanks to MISTER MACPHISTO!

I'm glad Miracle and Love & Peace will be played, but I would have prefered if these songs
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Weren't played at all. Especially in the middle of the set. I can just see everyone sitting down and talking to each other during these songs.

Pretty bland looking, heard all of that before outwith HTDAAB and that's pretty disappointing. I really hoped they'd dig out a few gems they haven't played in a while. I'd like to hear a few more songs from the '90's (their best era IMHO, but it looks like they're just rolling out the classics as always and playing it safe. They can play all those songs in their sleep by now.

I want Please (full band), I'd love to hear Gone again, Love Is Blindness, Ultra Violet Light, Dirty Day, First Time. Songs like that, just something to freshen up a tired and used set list (I mean that list is almost like an Elevation Tour set list). Hopefully opening night will provide a few surprises and prove me wrong.

Actually, this looks like an incredible and spiritually pleasing plan. But remember what some of the other lists have said about a larger group of songs being rehearsed and considered, which gives us hope that the setlist won't be the same every night.
Also missing here are the tracks from Achtung Baby and Pop that will surely show up.
Let's see what happens in LA and San Diego--that's when we really will have a clue!
love, Anu

come on cool down.....its just a list, thats all

Im hoping some of this tunes will be played:

1. Twilight
2. The Unforgettable Fire
3. Gloria
4. Dirty Day
5. Exit
6. Tomorrow
7. Lemon
8. Zooropa
9. Acrobat
10. Gone
11. Please
12. One Tree Hill
13. Zoo Station
14. Do You Feel Loved
15. Yahweh
16. So Cruel
17. Two Hearts Beat As One

wot bout species? Those songs spose not big enough for stadiums. Didn't sound great at brooklyn bridge gig

youtwohearts said:
:sad: No Man and a Woman or Streets.
Yeh true!! I think Bono to old to be running around for streets. Actually streets is there

Last edited:
Relax folks. This isn't the actual setlist.

There's not a chance in hell that they'd play SYCMIOYO first. That'd be the worst decision imaginable. I'd bet that this is probably just a bunch of songs they chose to practice (among probably a whack of others too) that'll be rotated.

Don't start shitting bricks here.

I think they start with All because of you. They got too many songs. They should do a 3 hr show, like there hall of fame ductee

Seconds said:
I'm glad Miracle and Love & Peace will be played, but I would have prefered if these songs
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Weren't played at all. Especially in the middle of the set. I can just see everyone sitting down and talking to each other during these songs.

Clearly you are only speaking for yourself as I can't wait to hear all those songs, as well as "Love & Peace" and "Miracle Drug".

The tour is to promote the new album. So this tour, like all the other U2 tours before, will feature a lot of songs from the current album. We have to accept this.

However, songs I could do with out are "Bullet the Blue Sky" and "Stuck in a Moment". And I wouldn't mind some "Pop" or "War" (other than "40") or more UF-era songs.

But I'm sure things will be mixed up a bit as the tour goes on. Remember, "Kite" wasn't initially played on the tour, then it became a tour staple (as well as a fan favorite).

No Until the End of the World??? :(

And I don't think this is the order of the songs. For example, Vertigo is near the bottom of the list and it seems a safe bet that this is the song that will open the show.

They do seem to be completely ignoring the fact that they had two complete albums in between AB and ATYCLB.
The setlist doesn't look too bad, actually. I would be disappointed if UTEOTW wasn't played, and while I don't like the absence of OOTS, when thinking about the song from a musical perspective, I can understand why they wouldn't play it.
It's only a rehearsal, so i'm just going to hope they mix it up a little bit more.

Ah you guys - this is JUST a rehearsal. Just songs the band chose to run through last night. This doesn't mean anything.

Cool down mama! Cool off! :wink:

These lists mean nothing. Kite wasn't rehearsed in Miami last tour. It showed up quite suprisingly in San Jose out of the blue.

What I do like seeing is that RTSS was given time during this rehearsal. It may never show up again, but at least it had a shot.

zsuzso said:
the first song would be sometimes you can't make it on your own???
hmmm.
i'd prefer vertigo or something faster song.

No. This is just the ORDER in which they rehearsed them the other night.

Seconds said:
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Youve got to be kidding, those 3 songs you named are great songs, and there going to be great live, I can see the exact oppisite that you are seeing!

HelloAngel said:

No. This is just the ORDER in which they rehearsed them the other night.
I don't mean to nit pick or anything but in the original thread I think Mr. Macphisto stated that the list was in no particular order.

I think it's kinda funny to watch people get upset over this. I mean, you've gotta know they're rehearsing more songs than what's listed here. These are just the "staples". I'm sure we'll all be surprised with the first show's setlist. I'm also pretty sure the setlist will change over time...

wow, looks like i won't be missing much at all.

stuck in a moment, walk on and elevation? no songs from pop/zooropa? you've got to be kidding me.

i saw this setlist during the last tour.

Zoomerang96 said:
wow, looks like i won't be missing much at all.

stuck in a moment, walk on and elevation? no songs from pop/zooropa? you've got to be kidding me.

i saw this setlist during the last tour.

oh for the love of god...

how this thread reads....

I can't believe they aren't playing every song they've ever recorded!!! I was hoping for a 13 1/2 hour show!!

:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom