(03-17-2005) U2 Rehearsal Setlist - Spoiler Alert! - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
more stuff from Andrea:)

march 18th
heard them rehearsing MW yesterday.

Zoo Station was interesting to hear, they seemed to have a bit between a guy and a girl right before they started it. It reminded me of that cheezy movie Bono was mouthing along with in the 90-00 Mega/History Mix DVD. Might be doing an all-out ZooTV bit.

Elevation, for as abused as Bono's voice should be, and considering he was using his Rehearsal Voice, it sounded great.

But, I heard the Fly, I think I might've heard EBTTRT.

And like I said in Spoiler #2, hearing them play half of Boy was out-of-this-world

cheers BB Mac

DaveC said:
Relax folks. This isn't the actual setlist.

There's not a chance in hell that they'd play SYCMIOYO first. That'd be the worst decision imaginable. I'd bet that this is probably just a bunch of songs they chose to practice (among probably a whack of others too) that'll be rotated.

Don't start shitting bricks here.

I agree!!! :wink:

And "Running to stand still".. well, wow!!

now i'm no arena genious here... but how exactly is one on the outside of the arena able to hear anything except perhaps a low muffled sound comming from inside the arena? this is a closed building, after all... why is no one questioning this?

you certainly can't hear shit when standing outside madison square garden, and you can only hear a muffled hum when standing outside the antiquated nassau coliseum. why are we to believe that someone heard exactly what was being played from standing outside a closed arena?

Last edited:
maybe outside an arena you have some problems to hear, but outside a stadium is totallt different!!
For instance, some months ago there was a concert here in Milan at the Stadium (where also U2 will perform in July): well, I was outside and I could hear it almost perfectly.
The only problem is that you have to IMAGINE what is going on on stage...

macphisto23 said:

Youve got to be kidding, those 3 songs you named are great songs, and there going to be great live, I can see the exact oppisite that you are seeing!

YAHWEH would be a great closer!!!!!!!!!!!

lady luck said:
maybe outside an arena you have some problems to hear, but outside a stadium is totallt different!!
For instance, some months ago there was a concert here in Milan at the Stadium (where also U2 will perform in July): well, I was outside and I could hear it almost perfectly.
The only problem is that you have to IMAGINE what is going on on stage...

ummm yea that's the point... GM Place is a closed arena, not an open air stadium.

I remember standing with a bunch of people at the Houston and Dallas shows with our ears pressed up against the building listening to sound check before the shows. We could hear what was going on inside pretty well. We could definitely tell what songs were being rehearsed.

U2dork said:
I remember standing with a bunch of people at the Houston and Dallas shows with our ears pressed up against the building listening to sound check before the shows. We could hear what was going on inside pretty well. We could definitely tell what songs were being rehearsed.

so what you're saying is there's someone with no job, no school and no responsabilities who's just spending their days with their ear pressed up against the wall of the GM Place.

:hmm:

works for me.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

so what you're saying is there's someone with no job, no school and no responsabilities who's just spending their days with their ear pressed up against the wall of the GM Place.

:hmm:

works for me.

You say this like there's something weird about taking vacation time and spending it outside an arena in Vancouver probably freezing your ass off...
At least they're having fun while they do it...

U2dork said:

You say this like there's something weird about taking vacation time and spending it outside an arena in Vancouver probably freezing your ass off...
At least they're having fun while they do it...

I have a job, but on July 21 (show in Milan) I'll take a day off from work!
and the night before, after having worked, I'll be there, next to MY stadium, listening to U2 playing inside!

stagman said:
It's great to see Bullet and Streets are still there!! Also good to see LAPOE is a goer!!

Mysterious Ways and The Fly had better happen or else!
UTEOTW will obviously be played, they don't need to rehearse that one really.

I've read so many times since POPmart with quotes from Willie Williams, Edge, And McGuiness that 'Streets' will never again leave the setlist. Its the epic center of the show and is widely known as the "best live U2 song, ever." I have to agree.

Back
Top Bottom