(03-16-2005) Thank You, Larry! -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Thank You, Larry!

After a promised intervention from Larry Mullen Jr. on future ticket presales, the most recent members-only sales have gone smoother than the first. Now, comes news from Ticketmaster that U2 did a little something extra for fans, as reported in this e-mail from the ticket agency:

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

As you may be aware, U2.Com secured a significant reduction on the standard Ticketmaster.com convenience charge for some of the ticket sales on their up-coming Vertigo tour in North America. We are happy to inform you that your recent ticket purchase qualifies you for this reduction. Look out for your refund, which will be automatically credited to the credit card you used for your purchase within the next 7 days.

Thank you for your business.

That's answers my questions from my thread last week on that topic :D I thought it was so bizarre that I saw a credit. Now I'm just waiting for my tickets..

Thanks guys :dancing: :applaud:

I got the same thing, so what does this refund give us? What does credits actually mean?

From my read on it, it sounded like I was going to get back $5 a ticket or something like that.

I saw the ticketmaster name in my inbox and I swear my heart skipped a beat thinking the worst. Imagine my delight when I found they were trying to give me some cash back!

All these so called die hard U2 fans crying to the newspapers and on different websites about how U2 has changed and isn't the band they used to know all got FACED twice! They were so quick to bad mouth U2 when they didn't get their way, of course at the same time doing whatever they can to get tickets to opening night. Fan out cry about how the tickets is one thing, but bad mouthing the band for it is another. As Larry said in his open letter to the fans
I got two words for them also............

Hey Modsavage!

You've been a lurker on this site for how many years????

As I said on Wire....AMEN.

How come you've decided to bless this place with your august presence?:wink:

I can't give you my real name, but I use my real name on Wire and LA yahoo site...my initials are TC. Figure it out.

I know

you love U2
YAY
You:)

Just got the email and it put a :D on my face. I thought we got a reduction on all convenience charges from all pre-sales. I remember getting it for the first show I got. Oh well I'm withall of you in saying: THANKS LARRY:larry: :wave:

Last edited:
modsavage said:
All these so called die hard U2 fans crying to the newspapers and on different websites about how U2 has changed and isn't the band they used to know all got FACED twice! They were so quick to bad mouth U2 when they didn't get their way, of course at the same time doing whatever they can to get tickets to opening night. Fan out cry about how the tickets is one thing, but bad mouthing the band for it is another. As Larry said in his open letter to the fans
I got two words for them also............

With all due respect, do you think anything would have changed if they hadn't spoken up?

I believe most of them have since gone back and thanked the band fairly profusely.

I'm on the other end of if this time. I was able to get tickets to the show I wanted to go to on the 1st leg but the tickets are really high up and the most expensive tickets. I'm now not able to participate in this presale where better quality, less expensive tickets are easily available and on top of it people are getting refunds as well. :| With fee's my tickets were $185 a piece. Don't get me wrong....I'm very happy I'm going to the opener and thankful that I was even able to get those tickets with the huge mess that went on in January but knowing what I know now I would have waited for the show in my town instead.

I've always said it's better to be there than not be there at all but if I would have known that people with 3rd leg codes were going to get the royal treatment I would have waited to use my code and skipped going to the show I did get tickets for. Not much I can do about it now. I just hope that no one really wants to see them in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and parts of Canada so I will have an easier time on Saturday getting tickets to the Minneapolis show which is 10 minutes down the highway from my house :scream:

I'm glad things got changed so it was easier for people to get the tickets this time around.....

This is awesome. My love for Larry grows and grows.

For those of you who have gotten refunds...did you buy your ticket through last week's presale or this weeks? Just trying to figure out why I haven't gotten that email (yet).

I bought two GA tickets for Toronto Sept. 14 yesterday. No problem at all... I bet larry gave those Ticketmaster guys a hell of a beating, and now they have worked day and night to make it work... :wink:

kellyahern said:
Is this for any u2.com member who purchased tickets though the presale or just for those who went through the second presale?

I'm betting on the second presale ONLY, because... although I
went through the "general sale" on the 3rd leg, ( and got alot
better seats... I might add ) I haven't seen any "credits" on my
CC, since my January purchase for the 1st leg.. so I think only
the U2. com members who purchased tix for the 3rd leg are the
ONLY ones who will be receiving the so-called "refunds"...
Congrats to all who got the refund...... LUCKY, indeed !!!

Back
Top Bottom