(03-13-2006) Looks Like November - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Looks Like November

Bono has told Australian TV that U2 will be back in the country in November to reschedule postponed shows. There’s no specific dates yet but the band are hoping to make an announcement very soon.

Speaking to ABC’s ‘Enough Rope’ on Monday evening, Bono said that he didn’t want to leave Australia without confirming that the band are aiming to get back on the road later in the year. Last week the March and April dates were postponed because of the illness of a family member of one of the band.

‘I can't really get into details why,’ Bono told presenter Andrew Denton. ‘There was a lot of distress and angst and (the) good news is ... I can announce tonight we are coming back, looks like November and that's a great relief for me.’

Bono said it was hard to describe how bad the band felt about postponing the dates – something U2 have only ever done once before - and praised fans for their generous reaction to the sudden news. 'Our music does come out of (a) very tight community,' he said. 'So if one of us is going through it we're all going through it.'

He promised that the rescheduled shows would be something special. ‘It will be the only time, you know, we get a chance to play these songs for a long time, it will be extraordinary.’

Keep checking in with U2.Com for updates on when rescheduled dates might take place.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1919

Maybe someone can back this up?

I believe the only postponement came from the early 12/18/89 Lovetown Rotterdam show. Bono's voice was failing so they ended the show early, skip the next nights (two?) and returned to performing with the Lovetown Point Depot shows. They played Rotterdam for four dates in Jan of 1990.

Wannabe is correct :up:

November makes sense. They wouldn't want to do stadium shows in the dead of winter, and any time before that is probably too soon logistically.

wannabe said:
Maybe someone can back this up?

I believe the only postponement came from the early 12/18/89 Lovetown Rotterdam show. Bono's voice was failing so they ended the show early, skip the next nights (two?) and returned to performing with the Lovetown Point Depot shows. They played Rotterdam for four dates in Jan of 1990.

This is not completely correct. The 18 December show was in Amsterdam. The rescheduled shows were in Rotterdam.

Additionally, U2 also had to reschedule 3 shows in Australia after Bono got some throat infection. The shows originally scheduled for 22, 24 and 25 October (in Sydney) were postponed to 17, 18 and 19 November.

DaveC said:
November makes sense. They wouldn't want to do stadium shows in the dead of winter, and any time before that is probably too soon logistically.

Well, the dead of winter isn't that bad in Australian terms (probably nice temperatures in the 20s). More importantly, it seems the stadiums are booked until that time for football/rugby/whatever. So it's not logistically possible to return before November. Plus, it also seems that part of the crew is unavailable due to other commitments (Robbie Williams tour, etc.).

:)

Well it is good to know that they will be touring this year. I wonder, since the Aussie dates are in Nov. when will they the Japan and Hawaii dates be?

November? :shocked:

This means that we'll get the next album in ten years :huh:

I can only hope that they do make it to Hawaii as I have GA's. I feel for our fellow fans in Australia but we need to remember that the way the band is handling this is absolutely first class all the way, and while its admirable for them to try and honor those dates, their families all come first and we should be supportive no matter what the final outcome is. We owe them that much at least.

missknowitall said:
I can only hope that they do make it to Hawaii as I have GA's. I feel for our fellow fans in Australia but we need to remember that the way the band is handling this is absolutely first class all the way, and while its admirable for them to try and honor those dates, their families all come first and we should be supportive no matter what the final outcome is. We owe them that much at least.

well said, and welcome to interference.

missknowitall said:

:applaud: Well said. Kudos! :up:

TheBrazilianFly said:
November?! :shocked: That's a long, long time. Wow. I wonder if they will come back with the Vertigo production and all.

When I have waited 1 Year (on April 6th) and 99% of Australia has waited 8 years (New Zealand longer)

8 more months is not a hell of a long wait.........

I totally agree -- we emigrated to New Zealand from the UK just ahead of Vertigo kicking off. The band have held our hands every step of the way, we've had a few ups and downs throughout the year, don't know how we'd have coped without their music. As long as they DO come we can go with almost any length of wait. The band'll do everything to honour their commitment to their fans. That's what makes U2, U2

Before the November dates are confirmed, Sian would have to be given the total all clear for the leuikemia. This may take months.

Now would they call this a part of the 4th leg still or would they call it a 5th leg do to the length of time in between? Also, hypothetically if they started the dates at the beginning of November then the known locations for concerts would take up 3 weeks of time. Could we see them expanding the tour to a couple of other locations before Christmas... Korea, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong? Should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom