(03-12-2004) Yahoo! Has Edun Launch Images -- Yahoo.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Yahoo! Has Edun Launch Images

Last night Ali Hewson, and husband Bono, were in New York City to formally launch Ali's new socially-conscious fashion line, Edun. Photographers from Reuters and the Associated Press were at the event and their pictures are now available from Yahoo! News.

To view the Edun launch photos, click here.

Edun will be sold through Saks Fifth Avenue stores in the United States beginning in the spring. The line will also be sold through Selfridge's in the United Kingdom and Brown Thomas in Ireland.

Daveone has shared a link to a BBC News piece about yesterday's launch. The two-and-a-half minute video clip can be accessed by clicking on the Video button under the BBC News: Video and Audio banner. The story is called under entertainment and is called "Ethical Action?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/#

seajewel said:
... and Saks employees are horrible - they kicked us out of the event just before it started --- :mad:
Really?!:ohmy: That's quite ugly! Shame on them. :madspit:
Why did they do so?

I ordered probably my only EDUN piece today (most of the clothing is simply out of my price range).

It's the EDUN t-shirt for $58. I shudder to think about spending $58 for a t-shirt, but I did this time to support the principle of FAIR TRADE that is behind EDUN.

Here's what my $58 t-shirt will look like:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=41385&bmUID=1110674966663

With S & H and state taxes, I will end up paying over $70 for this t-shirt!

I really like and admire the Hewsons. :wink:

Wow! The prices at Sax seem rather high. I can't help but wonder how much of that is a Sax mark-up. After all, one goal of this clothing is to keep the cost reasonable. $58 for a t-shirt or $215 for a shirt to go over the t-shirt seem ridiculously expensive. I fully comprehend that the cost will be higher than normal due to Ali Hewson's goals, but I think Sax is adding a lot onto those costs. Either that, or the Hewsons, despite their good intentions, have lost touch with what "affordable" clothing means to many - even here in the U.S.

doctorwho said:
Wow! The prices at Sax seem rather high. I can't help but wonder how much of that is a Sax mark-up. After all, one goal of this clothing is to keep the cost reasonable. $58 for a t-shirt or $215 for a shirt to go over the t-shirt seem ridiculously expensive. I fully comprehend that the cost will be higher than normal due to Ali Hewson's goals, but I think Sax is adding a lot onto those costs. Either that, or the Hewsons, despite their good intentions, have lost touch with what "affordable" clothing means to many - even here in the U.S.

Dr. Who, the idea is to make clothing that is environmentally safe, and to treat treat the workers right and offer them a fair wage. I don't think the intention was to make an "everyman's" clothing line. There are those out there (man, check out treehugger.com), that are more affordable but I think the designer and Bono and his wife were aiming for a fashion line to make a statment, more than appeal to the masses.

Back
Top Bottom