(03-06-2006) U2 and Kanye to Record Together -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 and Kanye to Record Together

The latest issue of Rolling Stone, featuring Olympic gold medalist Shaun White on the cover, reports Bono as saying that U2 and Kanye West will record together when the two acts visit Australia later this month. Bono made the announcement on Grammy night.

No word on where these tracks would appear, if at all (remember the much-talked-about Bono/Jennifer Lopez duet?).

This will happen and thank the good lord that J-Bo never happened!
I'm psyched to see what they will do...i will say once again that i am not a big fan of Kanye, the Christ cover on RS through me over the edge... aside from his rant during Katrina...

This should be interesting. Stop bashing what you have not heard yet.

I don't like Kanye.

I don't have to hear the song before I dislike it because I don't like Kanye's attitude, genre, or anything else, for that matter.

Judging by his comments at the Katrina benefit concert, his ego, and his Barbara Walters interview, I don't think much of him at all.

This just looks and sounds like a bad idea. It will look like U2 need him to be relevant, their career is far from being where Aerosmith's was when they recorded with Run - DMC.

Just another reason for people to rag on U2 & Bono.

I really can't think of the song being good enough to avoid some harsh criticism/backlash.

Although, if they end up goiong to the studio after this backlash and come up with an album half as good as Achtung, it might be worth it! lol.

Probably not though! :huh:

What a terrible idea. I don't even think I will listen to it. Kanye doesn't even deserve to be in the same room as U2.

By the way Justin, what is in that San Mateo water to make you think this is a good idea?

If this is going to be U2 as a backup band for Kanye rapping, like the MJB version of One, then I have low expectations for this. However, isn't Kanye also a producer? Maybe he's producing new U2? I'd be open to that.

Kanye's a genius.

U2 is the best band since the Beatles.

i'd love to see Kanye in a producing role -- that could be very interesting.

together in the same song, though, not sure.

East Bay Fan said:
What a terrible idea. I don't even think I will listen to it. Kanye doesn't even deserve to be in the same room as U2.

By the way Justin, what is in that San Mateo water to make you think this is a good idea?

Soilent green was mixed in the water I guess.

East Bay Fan said:
You should go to 3rd St and get a drink to wash away the soilent green. They have some decent beers at 3rd Ave Bar & Grill.

I think I'll do that. I thought the water tasted a little funny.

I admire Kanye politically, and as a producer I think he would be great for U2. His "Rant" at the Katrina benefit was sincere and and very, very close to the truth. lets just hope he works with U2 in a production only capacity.

Back
Top Bottom