(03-03-2006) Possibly Visited By The Edge, Law Blog Blushes -- The Legal Reader*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Possibly Visited By U2's The Edge, The Wall Street Journal's 'Law Blog' Blushes Like a Giddy School Girl

The Law Blog and the WSJ’s Merck Vioxx reporter Heather Won Tesoriero have a new parlor game: trying to figure out whether it was the The Edge, U2’s master guitarist, who posted a comment last week in response to our post about Texas plaintiffs’ lawyer Mark Lanier’s Atlantic City Vioxx trial music mix. The comment posted by someone identified as The Edge corrected a U2 song title, which we listed as “Signs and Wonders,” but was in fact “Crumbs from Your Table.” (”You speak of signs and wonders/ But I need something other,” is a lyric from the song.)
To cover his bases and get in on the action, Lanier posted a comment on the Law Blog acknowledging his mistake. “I should do better,” he admonished himself. The bible-quoting Lanier also threw in an oblique reference to the New Testament parable of Lazarus, the beggar who was denied food by a rich man. (For the record, Lanier says he copied the song title directly from iTunes.)

But the question remained: Could it be that during studio breaks, The Edge was checking out the Law Blog?

For more, visit The Legal Reader.

--The Legal Reader

Last edited by a moderator:
To verify his identity, someone should have asked "The Edge" what Adam Clayton's ATM pin number was.

Michael Griffiths said:
I've always thought 'Signs and Wonders' would have been a much better title anyway.

I had never thought of that before but I agree with you 'Signs and Wonders' would be a great name for that song

yeah but remember, Crumbs was one of the highlights in the previews. just the name.. obiously a u2 album because of crumbs and yahweh etc etc :)

Party Boy said:
A fake edge eh? I know there is another site I sometimes frequent that had a similar problem once..

Funny thing is that it happened 2 tours in a row...right before the tour started when interest was most high...who knows what 2009 will bring?

Wait...."studio break"?! *That's* the news I'm interested in...studio time? I've been spending too much time on realestate bubble blogs; need to get back here again!

And what's this about Vioxx trial lawyers mix? are they allowed musical accompaniment now? That would be the next step of course--a soundtrack to their emotional appeal. I never realized how much of that is 'relevant' in a trial til I (just recently) served on a jury.
That's a good little mantra for a defense lawyer, the "signs and wonders" refrain: "You speak of signs and wonders; but I need something other; I would believe if I were able..."
get that in the jury's head and have them ready to say the burden of proof wasn't met!

Trial lawyers are showmen/salesmen as much as anyone who takes a stage!
cheers....

Back
Top Bottom