(03-03-2005) Take Me Out! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com//news/images/franzx.jpg[/SIMG]
Take Me Out !

Franz Ferdinand are set for European dates with U2 on 'Vertigo 2005'.

The Scottish art rockers, whose self-titled debut album won huge acclaim in 2004, are confirmed to play support to U2 at shows in San Sebastian (August 9th) and Madrid (August 11th).

We also hear that Snow Patrol have added more dates when they will be on the road with U2 - now supporting on EIGHT shows this summer.

They will be performing in Brussels (June 10th), Manchester (June 14th), Dublin (June 24th), Berlin (July 7th), Paris (July 9th and July 10th) and Amsterdam (July 15th and 16th).

More news on 'Vertigo Tour 2005' as we get it.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1345

They're certainly opting for variation with the European tour - I don't get why they haven't done the same thing with the US.

I loathe Franz ferdinand and don't understand what all the fuss is! :madspit:

I hope&pray they're not the support in Glasgow or Manchester!

:madspit: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

beau2ifulday said:
They're certainly opting for variation with the European tour - I don't get why they haven't done the same thing with the US.

Tell me about..Kings of Leon better be ready to impress me cause i would love to have any of the European openers over them.

BonoFox1 said:
lucky you who have both U2 and Franz...I like them!:D

No kidding. That'd be a fun show for me, that's for sure. Europe is getting all the good acts-no fair.

Originally posted by BonoFox1
I'm in the states and we get an unknown band..Kings of something....well I heard they are good. so we'll see

Yeah, I've heard of them, just haven't heard anything by them, so I wonder how they'd be.

Angela

Franz & Snow Patrol :hyper: You guys may not get as many shows but damn, you shouldn't complain about the opening acts.
:wink:
(How good any of these bands are - in concert - remains to be seen)
Hoping for the best with Kings of Leon...

NOTE: Just don't go along if some try to boo them off the stage. That's really rude :eyebrow: Give them a break (even if they are not so good).
I know no one on these forums would do that - right??

lol Maybe I should do Manchester as well, Im doing all other UK dates, and Id love to see Franz!!! Wonder if they are supporting the 2nd Manchester date...

yes! haha, FF for Madrid

I will see 2 of my favorite bands in the same show :drool: :hyper:

sue4u2 said:
NOTE: Just don't go along if some try to boo them off the stage. That's really rude :eyebrow: Give them a break (even if they are not so good).
I know no one on these forums would do that - right??

I wouldn't, no. I know if I were in a band, I'd hate being booed at, especially if I'm just starting out. So yeah, I'd be respectful towards the opening band, even if I wound up not caring much for their music-being a musician can be a tough job sometimes.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom