(03-02-2005) Sit back and relax? Bono's wife can't - ThisisLondon*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
angelofdublin said:
Bono is a lucky man to have a wife like Ali. :love:

This is true....especially when.."she keeps him sane".

( But I think she is a more "LUCKY" and "FORTUNATE" woman to have the "B-man" for a husband. )
Honestly.. if it weren't for Bono's success ($$$), she would not
have the life that she has now. Her life would have been "way-
different"... and she probably would've had to work for a living...
(like the rest of us.) So, she is very lucky indeed to have him,
(since he is "so-ooo successful" with his career in U2..)
Now, she really can bring more "good" into the world... with the
causes... she supports and helps...which is a "great" thing.
I'm just glad they did "find" each other in life...otherwise, the
results, may have been "very different" indeed....

Surely Bono must be feeling his age? I wonder if he ever asks his children to keep the music down. Eve apparently plays the drums so loudly the plaster is starting to fall off. "He wants us to turn it down, but he will never ask us to," smiles Jordan cheekily. "He knows that would be soooo not cool."

:lol: Great article!

Great interview! I love the way she calls him B :dancing: They´re so amazing, after all these years they´re sooo in love :heart: most people don´t have that so strongly after 30 years...! imagine how much work that relationship must´ve/must take, with bono gone all the time and.. well, if you have some kind of an idea about what bono´s life is like..:huh: gotta love Ali, she always stood by him! :heart: grrreat

I agree, it is amazing that Bono being the heart throbe that he still is. He has women friends that are famous models. He walked Christie Turlington down the aisle at her wedding. To have so much trust and love is so unusual these days. Everybody wants to have a second partner it seems. I just love this interview. Jordan is beautiful, i am sure she has young boys going after her and big B is standing by the door with a rifle. LOL

mysticchild said:
Jordan is beautiful, i am sure she has young boys going after her and big B is standing by the door with a rifle. LOL

LOL, yeah...matter of fact, I think I read a quote somewhere a while back in which Bono commented on his daughters dating and everything, and how he'd scare the guys away or something :p. But yeah, no doubt that Jordan's got her share of admirers, I'm sure...with the looks she got in her family, there's bound to be some admirers. And I wish her luck in the dating scene :). Same with Eve.

This whole family's just so cool. Such smart, caring, loving people.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL, yeah...matter of fact, I think I read a quote somewhere a while back in which Bono commented on his daughters dating and everything, and how he'd scare the guys away or something

I remember that, I think he said he threatens the boyfriend candidates to punch them in the nose to scare them away. :cute:

But what Jordan said in this interview doesn't match with that lol.

'This is how it is going to be." :up: I remember a quote from Bono about Ali "She is a very strong person and doesn't take any shit from me".

:laugh: dog whistle

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I remember that, I think he said he threatens the boyfriend candidates to punch them in the nose to scare them away. :cute:

LOL, yeah.

My dad's done similar things-he's joked that the guys I go out with have to beat him at arm wrestling first-if they can do that, then they're okay :p (my dad's a big guy...used to play football in high school...you'd be a fool to try and arm wrestle him, LOL. Unless, of course, you were at his size or bigger...then maybe you'd have a chance :)).

Ah, fathers...

Originally posted by U2girl
But what Jordan said in this interview doesn't match with that lol.

Heh, you're right, it doesn't. I can just hear her now-"I want a boyfriend, but you keep scaring them all away, Dad!" LOL.

Originally posted by U2girl
'This is how it is going to be." :up: I remember a quote from Bono about Ali "She is a very strong person and doesn't take any shit from me".

:laugh: dog whistle

LOL, no kidding...I can certainly believe that. And I think that's really cool that he's fine with that...some guys get scared by strong women, but not Bono :up:. He definitely holds a lot of respect for her, there's no doubt about that-that's probably why she respects him and trusts him in return.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Heh, you're right, it doesn't. I can just hear her now-"I want a boyfriend, but you keep scaring them all away, Dad!" LOL.

Yes, I meant when she said that he thinks she is a "loo-ser" for not having a boyfriend yet. Which might make sense since he was a flirt in her age.

He said he threatens them lol.
Which is the truth? :shrug:

Last edited:
WOW. I'm astonished. Even with the lack of pics, this is a VERY revealing interview. Is Ali getting soft in her middle age?:wink: Next thing you know, she'll be talking about what her hubby likes for dinner! Bono driving the kids to school in his PJ's and bathrobe....LOL....that is SO "Domestic"....I can just imagine: "And I'll pick up some milk on the way home...." You almost forget hwere these people have been and who they consort with...I've been past his place and the school can't possibly be right around the corner. A bit of traffic before they get there! (Do they go to Mount Temple too?) Does Bono ever worry that the tourists will see him in this state and freak out?

And regarding Jordan's comments about dating...I am SURE that both parents have discussed this thoroughly with the girls. They are slowly getting them used to the media (after all, they'll have to deal with it for the rest of their lives, and most likely, their kids too, unto the seventh generation, as the saying goes:wink: ) but I am SURE Ali has drilled into their heads a set of "stock answers" to say to journalists who ask them about key situations like dating. Her story doesn't jibe with what Bono has said because he doesn't want it to, simple as that. And if I were a celebrity parent with a kid, I'd do the same. Heck, you don't even have to be famous. I'm sure as kids we've all been "drilled" in this way at some point or another, about whatver subject they don't want us to talk about, to people they might think are too nosy. We can all relate, I think.

What I am wondering is....last tour, several people wrote about encountering the girls in the GA. One guy had a bottle of water given to him by 9 yr old Eve, (her accent gave her away, of course.:wink: ..though he might have recognized her too?). As we ll know, however, the girls look much different now...Eve in particular. At 13, she already puts many Hollywood actresses to shame..she is a carbon copy of the young Ali....it's frightening...I'm sure we've all seen the Christmas pic. She must already have the boys dropping from trees around her feet. I wonder if she is as nonchalant about her beauty as Bono says her mother was? I wonder if they will allow the girls out into the GA unsupervised. Not that anyone would try to pick them up, still, I"d be nervous. Like any parent with stunningly beautiful girls. The best thing to do would have them travel around the arena with a pack of friends but how many of their friends will be with them on the tour? None, I'll bet. Their parents can't just take them out of class like Ali can. So if they don't find some pals among the kids of the crew, they have to hang out alone together. I'm sure they are self-confident enough about how to handle such situations, but I remember when I was 15, I had a couple of persistant jerks who wouldn't.....well, I'd rather not go there, and while I was quite pretty, still am, thank you, but nowhere as beautiful as these two are already shaping up to be...:. I'm sure said jerks would try nothing more than being jerks, they'd figure out in a sec how old they are...)They might want them to have a chaperone, but that would ruin the fun.

(I can just see it now....Ali: You guys can go watch Dad tonight ONLY if you get your homework done. If not, you can watch yr brothers instead." "Oh, MUM!!" You could prob make a sitcom out of "life on tour with the Hewsons" this time around....of course, the only COOL thing to do would be to skip Dad altogether because his band is SOOO passe....hip-hop is where it's at..ha ha. )

Jeez..WHY am I dwelling on this stuff? Ali, it's your fault!

Last edited:
Jordan sounds as amazing and gorgeous as she looks.

Sounds like my dream girl. Brunette, knowledgable of U2 (not that she really had a choice). And imagine that amazing irish accent. Rich too!

Also got a good contacts if I wanna start some kind of musical career myself.

Probably cares about the plight in Africa too...

Bono is really, really lucky to have someone like Ali, who doesn't take s:censored:t and keeps him down to earth. No wonder he adores her. It's easy to see why she adores him as well. That's a marriage made in heaven for sure.

Back
Top Bottom