(02-28-2005) Keane To Get 'Vertigo' - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Keane To Get 'Vertigo'

Keane have confirmed they will also be playing dates with U2 on the 'Vertigo Tour' this summer.

The band, who had a massive year in 2004 and have been sweeping awards ceremonies recently, will be main support to U2 at shows in Munich, Nice, Barcelona and Lisbon.

Childhood friends from Battle, East Sussex, Keane make great emotional rock in the vein of Radiohead, Travis and Coldplay. Their album 'Hopes and Fears' won 'Best British Album' at the recent Brit Awards.

Already confirmed to play with U2 at other shows in Europe are The Killers and Snow Patrol.

Kings of Leon play support on the North American leg.

More news as it arrives.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1343

Have any of those bands been confirmed for the LONDON dates yet? I really, really want Keane.

Is this the 1st tour of U2's that the support acts are better than them, i'm a big U2 fan but to me these's bands have better recent albums. All they want now is Franz ferdinand to join, and it will be best support act show of the year

Keane is pretty good... I saw them 3 weeks ago here in DC and I like their songs.

For me, they are better than these Kings of Leon who are unknown to everyone but their mother.

Did anyone catch the spread that Rolling Stones did on Kings Of Leon...it was something! I don't ever recall RS doing such an artsy spread. Check it out. It's in stores now

smooshcat said:
who's playing Hampden?:mad:

I'd have loved to have seen Keane, Snow Patrol, The Killers or Kings of Leon supporting.

God knows who we'll end up with!:|

I adore Keane!!! Great music, such nice lads and they are huge U2 fans! Glad they are getting to tour with U2.

Id love to see them both together! Hope they do one UK date...

Back
Top Bottom