(02-22-2006) All I Want is Sao Paulo - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
All I Want is Sao Paulo

Ed. Note -- "Love Rescue Me"? We like! We like!!

The band mixed it up again tonight, for the second show in Brazil, with The First Time and All I Want is You in the set and even a snatch of Love Rescue Me. Here's what they played, more to follow.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End of the World
New Years Day
Still Haven’t Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
The First Time
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo

Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

Yahweh
All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1904

If only U2 had a program like Pearl Jams I would be downloading this show ASAP. That must have been a great way to close out a show (even though I am a big fan of 40 ending all shows).

u2gator

I was there and I have to say, it was a religious experience. U2 seemed so loose and seemed to really love the Brazilian audience.
As for their sound and intensity, it was a grade A. Maybe the best I have ever heard from them. Even songs like SYCMIOYO, which I am not a big fan of, came to life with such intensity.
Bono really connected to the crowd by speaking Portuguese quite often throughout the show. He even went without the glasses more than usual, which was nice.
There was a cute moment when he brought a girl onstage after The First Time(which was acoustic with him and the Edge). She couldn´t speak English but Bono was able to understand her name, which was Desire. On the spot, they went into the song Desire. As they were playing, the Brazilian crowds clapping got ahead of the song. Bono and the Edge at that point sped it up and Bono even started changed the lyrics and it turned out into just a off the cuff jam session which everyone just ate up.
Bono and the Edge got into it so much that the girl went back into the crowd. Bono turned around and no girl and he had this kind of confused grin on his face, probably thinking that no girl had ever ran away from him on stage. He and the whole stadium got a kick out of it needless to say.
Honestly, it was a religious experience and U2 seemed to have a good hold over their songs now, even much more than the DVD from Chicago.
40 would have been nice, but AIWIY was a great surprise.
I think U2 was quite floored by the Brazilian crowd. When they were about to exit after the last encore, they just stood there with this look of amazement on their faces as much as the Brazilians probably had on theirs.
It was a musical marriage made in heaven!!!!

Wow Mogi that does sound like it was quite a show! :ohmy: You are so lucky that you got experience it! I would love to hear AIWIY live. Love how U2 goes out there and give it all that they have. Plus their little surprises are always a great treat for us fans too :).

Mogi said:
I was there and I have to say, it was a religious experience. U2 seemed so loose and seemed to really love the Brazilian audience.
As for their sound and intensity, it was a grade A. Maybe the best I have ever heard from them. Even songs like SYCMIOYO, which I am not a big fan of, came to life with such intensity.
Bono really connected to the crowd by speaking Portuguese quite often throughout the show. He even went without the glasses more than usual, which was nice.
There was a cute moment when he brought a girl onstage after The First Time(which was acoustic with him and the Edge). She couldn´t speak English but Bono was able to understand her name, which was Desire. On the spot, they went into the song Desire. As they were playing, the Brazilian crowds clapping got ahead of the song. Bono and the Edge at that point sped it up and Bono even started changed the lyrics and it turned out into just a off the cuff jam session which everyone just ate up.
Bono and the Edge got into it so much that the girl went back into the crowd. Bono turned around and no girl and he had this kind of confused grin on his face, probably thinking that no girl had ever ran away from him on stage. He and the whole stadium got a kick out of it needless to say.
Honestly, it was a religious experience and U2 seemed to have a good hold over their songs now, even much more than the DVD from Chicago.
40 would have been nice, but AIWIY was a great surprise.
I think U2 was quite floored by the Brazilian crowd. When they were about to exit after the last encore, they just stood there with this look of amazement on their faces as much as the Brazilians probably had on theirs.
It was a musical marriage made in heaven!!!!

Just wait until Buenos Aires... :wink:

I will try to find out if they are going to make a dvd made here in Brazil of the first show. My wife, who is Brazilian (that´s why I´m here) said that Globo(the station that transmitted the first show) might possibly do something like that. Not really sure.
I hadn´t seen U2 since Pop and yes, DVD´s are great, but I have just now been reminded how amazing they are live.
They have no peers in this category. They are the kings!!!

Mogi said:
I will try to find out if they are going to make a dvd made here in Brazil of the first show. My wife, who is Brazilian (that´s why I´m here) said that Globo(the station that transmitted the first show) might possibly do something like that. Not really sure.
I hadn´t seen U2 since Pop and yes, DVD´s are great, but I have just now been reminded how amazing they are live.
They have no peers in this category. They are the kings!!!

:yes:

great review before - so happy for you! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom