(02-21-2005) J-Lo knocks U2 off chart top spot - CBBC*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
J-Lo knocks U2 off chart top spot

J-Lo has flown straight in at number one with her new single, Get Right.

The singer knocked rockers U2 off the top spot with the first track off her latest album, called Rebirth.

This good news comes amid rumours that the star is pregnant, as she cancelled a promotional trip to sell her new film, saying she was "not well".

Elvis went straight in at number two with Surrender, and Hush by LL Cool J shot in at number three. The Scissor Sisters got the number one album.

Last week's number one, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own by U2, dropped down to seven.

Other new entries in the top 10 were Atomic Kitten who went in at number 10, Angel City got to number nine with Sunrise, and The Game featuring 50 Cent went in at five with How We Do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4280000/newsid_4282200/4282299.stm

U2 are not a singleselling band. Their a live band.
U2 have also sold nearly 10 000 000 copies of HTDAAB, so most music fans have the song already.

Singles sales are rediculously low nowadays, so I think we will have to find a new way to measure a songs success...

When you see what else is making it into the Top 10 these days (with the exception of - as funny as it is - Elvis Presley) you begin to realise that it's a REALLY good thing U2 have stuck around this long and are as "big" as they are. The rest is BUNK - pure and simple!!!

J Ho has a hit song -- that's it, it's the end of the world.
Did you hear she cancelled her tour? She realized she has no talent !!

Contrary to you, I think it´s a great song and J Lo is a hardworking woman with a good voice. I saw her performing in Germany last Saturday, even if she was ill, coughing and apparently with high fever. This woman can dance, and she acted very professional. She ´s really committed to the showbiz; you could say that ´s natural in her position, but anyway, I admire that character.

Oh yes, I am a U2 fan. But I also respect other artists.

horse_shite.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom