(02-20-2006) Tony Bennett to duet with Bono - UTV*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Tony Bennett to duet with Bono

Crooner Tony Bennett is to duet with Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John and Bono on a new album to mark his 80th birthday. George Michael, Sting and Mary J Blige will also appear on the record, along with Barbra Streisand and John Legend.

The world`s biggest recording artists are queuing up to duet with the US singer, best known for his hit I Left My Heart In San Francisco.

Bennett turns 80 in August and the album will be released the following month.

Hollywood star Clint Eastwood has directed a forthcoming documentary about the star`s career.

The crooner has been a chart fixture since the 1950s.

Bennett has signed a lucrative deal with record giant Sony BMG, which decribed the singer as "one of the most legendary performers of all time".

His most recent recording, The Art Of Romance, won a Grammy last month for best traditional pop vocal album.

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=9986&pt=e

This is excellent news. Can't wait to get a copy of this cd! I love when the older crooners duet with the "younger" stars. Makes for some really great music.

Can't wait to hear Bono sing with Tony Bennett - the next best combo to Frank Sinatra and Bono. :applaud:

I also picked up this cd at lunchtime at Target, it was on sale for $10. It's really good. Bono sounds wonderful with the old crooner. I Wanna Be Around is a good song :up:

I think there are about 5 or 6 really good ones. It's all personal opinion really. I mean, the Barbra Streisand and Tim Mcgraw duets are shriekworthy in my opinion. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom