(02-12-2005) U2 iPod Part of Grammy Goodie Bag - Yahoo!*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Shmoozing Celebs Is a Whole New Bag

By Stacy Perman

Lash Fary is doing a little product testing. That's to say he has just indulged in a leisurely acupuncture treatment. "I like free stuff, too" laughs the founder and president of Distinctive Assets, an entertainment marketing company based in Santa Monica, Calif. "It's really in the best interests of my clients."

Then again, Fary's clients include the Grammy Awards. His outfit is charged with putting together the official Grammy goodie bag -- worth over $30,000 -- that will be given to presenters this weekend. That means collecting lavish products fit for Hollywood royalty and coveted by the hoi polloi.

SULTANS OF SWAG. In addition to the gratis acupuncture, this year's bag will be stuffed with an assortment of luxury gifts, including complimentary Lasik eye surgery (worth $5,600), a one-year membership at celebrity fitness mecca Sports Club/LA ($4,000), and a U2 Special Edition iPod ($450) to listen to on the treadmill.

To read the entire article on Grammy Goodie bags, visit: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&e=3&u=/bw/20050211/bs_bw/sb200502116228sb017

Thanks to doctorwho!

I know... the rich get richer. Those who can afford everything get all these great gifts. Alas, it's all in the marketing. Have someone famous be seen with certain clothes or jewelry or using certain products and that's all that's needed. Still, given that *my* company decided I "make too much money" and, as such, aren't granting me a raise this year (after I was told I was receiving one), it does tick me off how middle class folks get nothing. We're too rich for government help, too poor to enjoy the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom