(02-12-2005) Source: U2 to Play 'Sometimes' at the Grammy Awards - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://forum.interference.com/gallery/data//585/11265u2rehearsal-sml.jpg[/SIMG]
Source: U2 to Play "Sometimes" at the Grammy Awards

As reported here yesterday, U2 are set to play "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday night, according to an inside source who provided Interference.com with a rehearsal sheet straight from the Staples Center! Check it out for yourself!

U2 is nominated in three categories this year: Best Rock Song, Best Rock Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocal and Best Short Form Music Video. "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" was not eligible for nominations as an album as it was released after the Recording Academy's September deadline.

11265u2rehearsal.jpg

Last edited:
right call- ABOY is one of the weaker tracks on Bomb, and sep/diff releases across the world didn't work for ATYCLB - so maybe they are (finally) learning the lesson, and being confident that a GREAT song such as Sometimes will win through, despite radio format issues.

Mike

I simply can't wait to see U2 perform this song. I KNOW IN MY HEART that Bono will sing a superb song!:yes:

I just hope that the Grammys know more than the BRITS (Awards) and U2 will walk away with several Grammys again.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

If there is a dry eye at "can you hear me when I siiiiiiiiiing", that person must be terminally ill...

Let´s hope for 3 awards this time and a total sweep next year for best album, best song for miracle drug and so on.... can´t wait!

enajh2 said:
Who's Terry Lawless? A session musician perhaps?

Wondered about this myself.
They did have 2 people under the stage during Elevation Tour, maybe he is one of the lucky guys?

imaybe its me because i see call sheets all the time but to the novice pay attention to the audio portion of the sheet it reads audio:livelive.Which means u2 will actully sing and play live.its a sad state of affairs that in this day and age not all performers sing live.

i hope the person who leaked the call sheet post the entire rehersal call sheet so everyone can an see who actually who sing live or to tape

The descision to go with SYCMOYO instead of Vertigo is a sign of the state of mind that the band are right now with what's going on in Edge's personal life.Even though i totally understand how tough it must to get ready for a tour in those circumstance,i just wonder in what kind of spirit this tour and the shows in general will end up to be at the end..a funeral atmosphere or a rock show with the usual U2 spirit?..

I guess the performance of SYCMOYO on Sunday night will tell alot.

This could go either way...

A heartfelt performance of a great new song from the world's biggest rock band,

OR,

Those old guys from the 80's playing some slow adult contemporary crap.

We'll find out Sunday night...

I can hear Bono saying soemthing like..."In case you couldn't tell whether you were watching the world series or a 9 day U2 commercial, we felt that Vertigo may have had a wee bit too much exposure, so our latest single is one that I wrote for my old man and we have worked on for the last few years."
Ok, maybe Bono wouldn't say wee bit...

Also, I am wondering if they aren't going to win for Vertigo and they said the only way they would perform is if they could play SYCMIOYO. We all know that the winners know they won before it is announced on the show.

Back
Top Bottom