(02-10-2005) Dismantle These Questions -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Dismantle These Questions

U2.com has announced the following trivia contest for members:

It's the U2.Com competition to end all competitions, the greatest collection of U2 prizes we have ever managed to blag and they are all waiting to be sent out to you.

From the U2 iPod to Limited Edition Lithographs by the band, from sets of the new album to a dazzling array of new T-shirts.

All you have to do to win the sensational collection of prizes listed below is come up with the right answers to the following questions, complete our unfinished sentence, mail us ... and hope you get picked out of our virtual hat.

(And remember, the answers to the questions are all to be found in the Members Area of U2.Com.)

Good luck and the competition closes 25th February 2005.
Winners will be notified via email.

First Prize
U2 iPod
Limited Edition HTDAAB Art Lithograph by U2-"4 Hand Prints"
Black How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Album Cover T-shirt
Black All Warfare Is Based On Deception T-shirt
Navy Vertigo "Hello Hello" T-shirt
HTDAAB CD Album
HTDAAB CD Album + DVD
HTDAAB - Delux Version
Vertigo - 3 single formats

2nd Prize
Limited Edition HTDAAB Art Lithograph by Bono-"Heart"
HTDAAB CD Album
HTDAAB CD Album + DVD
HTDAAB - Delux Version

3rd Prize
Limited Edition HTDAAB Art Lithograph by Larry Mullen Jnr-"Trinity"
HTDAAB CD Album
HTDAAB CD Album + DVD
HTDAAB - Delux Version

4th Prize
Limited Edition HTDAAB Art Lithograph by Edge-"Wordmaze"
HTDAAB CD Album
HTDAAB CD Album + DVD
HTDAAB - Delux Version

5th Prize
Limited Edition HTDAAB Art Lithograph by Adam
HTDAAB CD Album
HTDAAB CD Album + DVD
HTDAAB - Delux Version

The questions are:
ON the day of the US release of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, at which music store in New York did Paul McGuinness buy their last copy of the album?

Name TWO of the BBC Radio 1 DJ's who hung out with the band in Dublin, when U2 played a live session in November?

If 2 is 'Food' and 4 is 'First Aid', what is 3?

Adam credits 'A Man and A Woman' as 'pretty much his work'. But WHO is he?

What is the name of the bonus 12th track included on HTDAAB in the UK and Japan?

Complete the following sentence:
U2 can make arguably their best record 25 years after their first because....

To enter the trivia challenge, visit http://www.u2.com/trivia/. Good luck!

--U2.com

So whats wrong with that the members of U2.com should get some benefit out of paying the 40 bucks. Good batch of questions though nice and tough.

Without looking, my guess to #3 would either be MONEY or CLEAN WATER.

Sure would be nice to win the iPod!!

Well I read the terms and conditions and wtf is this all about. I guess there is some law in Canada about competitions or what?

NOTE TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA: If you are selected as a potential winner, to be eligible to win any prize in this Challenge, you must, without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question to be administered by the Sponsor.

wtf :huh:

ramblin rose said:
NOTE TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA: If you are selected as a potential winner, to be eligible to win any prize in this Challenge, you must, without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question to be administered by the Sponsor.

:lmao:
I don't know if there is a law or what, but that 'NOTE' sure makes Canadians sound stupid! I thought it was funny though - I'm a math teacher!

Althoug I really doubt it, here's hoping U2 is the sponsor. I'd love it if Larry could phone me up to ask me a math question!

Is the last question a "make up your own answer" kind of thing, or is there actually a TRUE answer to this on the website?

That's the only one I can't answer...??

Yes, it is a make up your own answer

And I read the Canada math question thing is part of every contest so as to not be classified as a lottery

:shrug:

How pissed would you be if you won and then were asked to provide the square root of Pi or something like that and no calculator :wink:

Though I am sure it is more in the vein of what is 3 + 5

HELP

Can anybody tell me, please, ehich is the shop where Paul McGuinness bought the last copy of HTDAAB? I remember reading the piece of news but I can't found it.
Thanks,

IULEN

Re: HELP

iulennyc said:
Can anybody tell me, please, ehich is the shop where Paul McGuinness bought the last copy of HTDAAB? I remember reading the piece of news but I can't found it.
Thanks,

IULEN

If you'd like to PM or e-mail each other about the answers, go ahead, but please don't post answers here out of fairness to everyone entering the contest.

Thanks

They must have erased this article with answer to McGuinnes question... I can't find it either! but remember reading it!

Any one point me in the right direction to the McGunniess answer. I have vainly looked through u2.com but cannot find the answer. Email at charleswise(at)cox.net if you don't want to post here.

///NEVERMIND. FOUND IT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom