(02-03-2005) An open letter from Larry Mullen - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teta, I don't like to cast doubt on what you believe happened, but I do know that I received the email from Larry at 6:11 AM EST, which is only 5 hours after you posted your essay. You can be sure that, even though only Larry's name is on the note, all of the band members and McGuiness (and their lawyers) approved its contents. For that reason alone, I am sure the letter was in the works for several days.

I still would really like to read what you wrote. It sounds intruiging. Let us know if you find someplace to post it for all of us to see. Thanks.

Last edited:
Biff, I haven't printed it out yet, (I like to print out long pieces I write), but when I do, I'm sure it would come out to 7 or 8 pages, with very small print. Probably about the length of your average 3-page Roling Stone investigative piece. It started forming in my head as soon as I read the Wall Street Journal article the morning that came out (was that Teus? I think). I spent 4 hours writing it, just as it came out of my head, without an outline, posting it at about 1 AM.

I simply do not have the time to copy what I wrote. I am a very busy lady, and boy right now do I have a "spinning head." :wink:

I would have posted it in here if it was't so long. That's why I was hoping Elivis would. One person who ran a smaller site asked me in Wire if I''d send it to her so she couls post it, and I did. I'll drop her a note in Wire asking her for her site address, so I can link people to it here. That'll prob take a day or two for her toget back to me.

IN the meantime, please mail me..Spindle40@hotmail.com. I'll send it to you.

And I agree aobut Larry....*sigh*. You are probably right. But the points he addressed in his letter still sound too close to what I wrote, anyway:). Do you think i"m going to get rid of his email? NO!

Hi Teta, I sent you a note using my U2.com email account. Let's see if it works! It's the first time I've used it. I have a sinking suspicion it didn't work, because when I checked the "sent" folder, it was empty. If you don't receive anything, please let me know. I have a couple of other addresses I can use.

After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined. Many people who joined U2.com and didn't get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee.

I wonder if the people who joined first, but didn't get added to the system until much later will be first or last? :eyebrow: Of course, this was due to U2.com accidentally launching the subscription process too early.

Nope, Biff.

Kudos to the genius who designed the site..black font?!?!? The worst setup I've ever seen.

Send to the addy I gave you above. That'll work better. I wouldn't trust the sitre right now for _anything_.

Yes, the colours on that site are terrible. When I leave that site after a few minutes, and then come here, I feel as if I've gone blind.
Jeez, I wonder why that webmail didn't work? Everything has gone so smoothly!:wink:
I'll try again, from another address. Thanks, Teta!

OK, I take that all back about U2.com (well, some of it, anyway).
I just checked my webmail there again, and Teta's essay has arrived. It wasn't there 30 minutes ago. Weird.
Teta, when did you get my note?

Thank you

Although not angry about ticket sales it is nice to know that the band cares about the true fans (20 years and counting). Thank you for the out reach.

Great letter from Larry. And he's right: anyone who didn't realize that the snafus were honest mistakes, and assumed U2 was acting maliciously, deserves to be told to fuck off.

There were so many asinine posts on the Internet recently that it had to be said.

Back
Top Bottom