(01-31-2005) Vertigo Tour Tickets: Latest News -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Relax. It'll be up soon. I just got this email from U2.com, a response to my inquirey about membership refunds last week:

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your email. We are currently accepting refund requests online
at U2.com. If you are interested in getting a refund for your U2.com Subscription, please log in to the members area of the website, and fill out
the online refund request form. Refunds will be issued within 3 weeks of the date the form is completed. Please note that when your request is
submitted, you will no longer have access to the members features on our website, will not be able to resubscribe for future benefits, and will not
be able to purchase tickets during future U2 pre-sales. If you have used your Pre-sale ticket code to purchase tickets, your refund request will be
denied.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-350-2016. (Please be sure to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Best Wishes
Dustin
U2.com Customer Service

Last edited:
We are sorry that this has happened and we would like to offer anyone who has a still unused unique access code the opportunity to get their U2.Com subscription money back.

(There will be full details of how to obtain your refund published on U2.com on Wednesday February 2nd.)

FYI - They backed out on this promise. Today is February 2nd and there is no information on U2.com about how to get your refund......and this news release has mysteriously disappeared.

Re: Re: (01-31-2005) Vertigo Tour Tickets: Latest News -- U2.com*

Macphisto2005 said:

FYI - They backed out on this promise. Today is February 2nd and there is no information on U2.com about how to get your refund......and this news release has mysteriously disappeared.

Have you emailed U2.com and asked them where on the U2.com site the refund link is? I have.

Have you seen the open letter from Larry on U2.com News page??

An open letter from Larry Mullen

This is not something that I would normally do, but I feel that I have to do something to redress this situation.

There was a mess up in the way the tickets were distributed through U2.com for the Vertigo pre-sale. Some of it was beyond our control, but some of it wasn't.

I am now in the process of figuring out a way of distributing the tickets for our intended return to North America in the fall. The only fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now U2.com members, priority in the queue.

After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined. Many people who joined U2.com and didn't get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee.

The idea that our long-time U2 fans and scalpers competed for U2 tickets through our own web site is appalling to me. I want to apologise to you who have suffered that.

If your U2.com pre-sale experience has left you disappointed, I hope this will go some way towards reassuring you of our total commitment to our audience.

Slainte
Larry.

By the way, a note to those so-called U2 fans who are quick to accuse
U2 of unseemly behaviour, I've only got two words for you...

Back
Top Bottom