(01-28-2005) U2's UK tour dates are a sell out - RTE*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2's UK tour dates are a sell out

U2's UK tour has been completely sold out, after tickets went on sale at 9am this morning.

All 260,000 tickets were snapped up for stadium shows in Manchester, London, Twickenham, Glasgow and Cardiff.

The Vertigo tour kicks off in San Diego on 28 March and continues with over 50 shows throughout North America and Europe.

The band will play Croke Park on the 24 June and tickets will go on sale on 04 February.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2005/0128/u2.html

For fuck sake!! They add a sunday show for London, i think they sold out too. I cant buy any tickets from ticket master for that show either

U2@NYC said:
The more interesting thing to know is how many tickets were grabbed by scalpers and how many by fans.
Yeh true!! Coz u can still get them from other ticket sites, but they 3,4 times starting price. Ebay got loads at £400 plus

Well I am a UK fan, and I'm fuming!!!

I was logged onto Ticketmaster from 8:55am, so were members of my family. We tried all morning to get tickets and time after it just timed out as the site fell over due to heavy demand.

I was also ringing an official ticketline every 30 seconds which was permanently engaged.

Ticketmaster have again let themselves down with a completely inadequate internet site that can't cope with demand. It's just a total lottery for getting tickets.

I'm a lifelong fan, and have seen the last 4 tours...it looks like I will miss out this time.

I then rang an unofficial ticketline who answered the phone straight away and were offering tickets at £150-£200 each. This is an absolute disgrace as they are blatantly offering tickets that they don't own as the promoters have no plans to issue them until 10 days before the concert.

I know this seems like sour grapes, but I just feel the method of obtaining tickets was completely unfair and woefully inadequate.

I expect they will announce some extra dates, but why should I bother as it will be the same farce again..!

That's a scandal!!!!!!!!!! Don't buy tickets that are proposed on thoses sites, it's a fucking rape to sell them 3-4 times their price!!!

How can they have so many tickets that easily???? Why is this happening? So many people are making business out of U2's celebrity, it's a shame.....

Hope I can get ticket for Nice, Zurich......it's gonna be a fight!!!!

Ticketmaster is the official site for selling all shows....so good luck to you...

The other European dates go on sale next week...don't hold out much hope of getting a ticket...

All sold out? That's great. That means they'll add dates either this leg or possibly consider another european swing next year.

If everyone bought tickets easily, that would be a bad sign.

And remember, they might sell tickets the day of show to ease scalping.

My advice to all of you, though, is to keep trying. Shows are very rarely totally sold out. Between now and when the concerts actually happen, more seats will become available for a variety of reasons, so keep trying Ticketmaster. For Elevation, I got my seats a few days before the concert. For Madonna's Drowned World tour, the day of.

Well I think that probably they are going to add another show in Manchester. Which will probably also sell out instantly.

I'm worried about the states. They're playing these "tiny" arenas over here. Tickets are gonna sell out so fast. There is nothing U2 can do... they are just too damn popular.

dsmith2904 said:
My advice to all of you, though, is to keep trying. Shows are very rarely totally sold out. Between now and when the concerts actually happen, more seats will become available for a variety of reasons, so keep trying Ticketmaster. For Elevation, I got my seats a few days before the concert. For Madonna's Drowned World tour, the day of.

This is Europe, not the United States, I doubt there are any tickets left for the shows announced so far in England. They will have to add more shows if they want to meet the demand that is there.

Hi there,

I brought a couple of extra tickets for the Twickenham show, so nearer the time if any of you havent secured tickets, just let me know and if i still have them, your welcome to them!!

Cheers!!

blondguymk said:
Hi there,

I brought a couple of extra tickets for the Twickenham show, so nearer the time if any of you havent secured tickets, just let me know and if i still have them, your welcome to them!!

Cheers!!
Really!! For the same price?

blondguymk said:
Hi there,

Cheers!!

Of course, i remember the bastards that ripped people off during Madonna's reinvention tour. Nearer the time if you havent got any tickets just let me know and your welcome to them!!

Back
Top Bottom