(01-25-2005) Ticketmaster: An Apology to European Fans -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Ticketmaster: An Apology to European Fans

Ticketmaster have apologised to U2 fans who found themselves frustrated by technical problems in today's online presale to U2.Com Members.

'Ticketmaster would like to apologise to those U2 Fan Club members who experienced problems in purchasing tickets via the Ticketmaster website today.

'In order to ensure fans were given priority access to tickets, U2's
management instructed Ticketmaster to organise a pre-sale for U2 Fan Club members. Members were given a six-digit code which, for security reasons, was enabled for one-time use only. Tickets went onsale at 10:00am this morning and immediately Ticketmaster experienced an incredibly high level of demand. This resulted in the website, www.ticketmaster.co.uk, offering a slower than normal service. Unfortunately some customers were timed out of the website and found that when they attempted to continue with their transaction, the six-digit code was no longer valid.

An automatic email link had been set up on the website to help any customers with an invalid code. Ticketmaster has been working to resolve issues concerning access codes and will be contacting all customers affected with further instructions on how to purchase tickets.

'There is still ticket availability at all UK venues and we are confident that all those affected by the problem today will still be able to purchase tickets.

'Once again Ticketmaster would like to apologise to those affected by the problem today. Ticketmaster is committed to offering the best possible service and we can assure customers that once we became aware of the problem, we took every possible step to ensure a quick and efficient solution. '

--U2.com

I emailed ticketmaster this morning with this problem still waitng for reply, wondering now if i will ever get to c them now so much 4 the promise of getting priority if u paid ur 40 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom