(01-23-2006) In Fan Heaven -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
In Fan Heaven

What's it like to get into the ellipse? What would you do to get right down there in front of the stage, within touching distance of the band?

I you've seen the Vertigo Tour you know that only a limited number get the chance for entry into the ellipse - and only if their ticket is scanned 'lucky' by the computer.

U2.Com took the cameras on the road and talked to fans hoping their numbers would come up. We captured the moment when they struck U2 gold - then we talked to them again, minutes before the band came on.

Were you there? Did you get in? Are you on camera? U2.com members can find out here.

--U2.com

I got in the elipse.....it was crazy exciting, unbelievable. I wasn't on the video, nor anyone I know, but I can totally relate to the excitement those felt cheering when their tickets scanned! We were one of the first into the elipse in Vegas1 and boy, was that cool!

within touching distance of the band

I'm so sick of the competition of who got closest to Bono. It seems more important than the concert. What happened to just going to the concert and enjoy the music and visual, without feeling it all was ruined if one didn't get to dance with Bono?

Since the e-mail says it's from Boston, I just watched the whole thing looking just like this guy :hyper:, hoping to see myself screaming like a little girl on December 5...but I think it was from May. :huh:

I was in the ellipse twice and it was really great (except I could barely see the stage sometimes because I’m short :reject: and there were some big guys in front of me who where behaving like they wanted to dance with Bono more than I did:madspit: – I remember some of them were really hysterical because they touched his hand:crack: ).
I’m probably not in that video because I didn’t go to any American show, and I don’t care about it either.

Last edited:
Banane45.gif

Back
Top Bottom