(01-23-2006) Bono and Mary J. Blige to Duet at Grammys? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono and Mary J. Blige to Duet at Grammys?

One of our forum members with keen ears heard on "Entertainment Tonight" that Bono and Mary J. Blige were scheduled to sing a duet at the Grammys on Feb. 8 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. At press time, only multi-nominees Mariah Carey, Kanye West and John Legend were officially listed as performers, thusly we should all take the duet thing with a grain of salt given the tabloid nature of the show, although it's an interesting rumor/prospect.

So what do we think of this? Bono and Mary J. would no doubt perform the stunning version of "One" from her latest chart-topper, "The Breakthrough."

For more on the Grammys, visit: http://www.grammy.com/

Thanks shopgirl144!

My first vote would be for U2 to play as a group. Then again, if the group is not going to the show together, then why not have Bono featured with Mary J Blige on One.....since it is fresh in a lot of people's minds from the recent appearances they've performed the song together.

I'd rather see U2 kick off the show with a full rendition of COBL and Bono entering from the back and walking through the crowd as he sings the opening verses and finally making it to the stage to join the rest of U2 for the middle and end of the song.

Be careful what you wish for, U2 might change their mind and do an Alicia Keys duet.

It would be the 4th time they have performed this song as a duet.

u2fp

edgeentertainer said:
I don't. U2 should play in full without her

agreed, although the duet is very nice though.

people are saying that they will probably sing One, because they did it before, but I'm thinking the grammy's honor the current albums, so they would have to sing something from HTDAAB? So at least there is the possibility they will sing something different together.

I'd like to see U2 and Arcade Fire collaborate on "Love Will Tear Us Apart" at the Grammys.

But I do sorta kinda like Mary J's performances with them.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I'd like to see U2 and Arcade Fire collaborate on "Love Will Tear Us Apart" at the Grammys.

I think it would be interesting to see U2 collaborate with Peter Gabriel on some songs. (on an album)

They are performing "One " with Mary J. Blige who is one of the greatest soul singers, we gotta deal with that. Stop hating on the QUEEN yall, this will boost U2 sales as well as hers, because she is going to steal the show, I guarantee you that. Her voice is AMAZING when she sings this song, she brings tears to alot of peoples eyes and she brings out the best in the band--it's crazy! I cant wait.

It's U2's 4th Grammy performance in 5 years, they SHOULD do something different. MJB has a best of dropping in march(?) and Bono can subliminally gets some free promo for his ONE campaign.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
I meant mix Bono's vocal with Peter's.

I'd TOTALLY go for that one !!(I actually even mentioned that on the first page of this thread!) I wish they would. That would be a CD I'd run to the store to buy! They have both given of their time for Africa causes. They're hearts are totally into it, it would make for really meaningful music.

Back
Top Bottom