(01-23-2005) 'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: FROM FANFIRE

EPandAmerica said:

I was told in emails by u2.com that the presale code was good only for the first and second leg of the tour.

I have put copies of my emails in the Tour forums news / rumors.

No wonder people are selling their codes on ebay, they probably have to wait for the 3rd leg.

EPandAmerica said:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109985&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

In the linked thread a fan was told that if by small chance there was not a 3rd leg and you had not used your code you could get a refund for the membership price.

Actually, that point is also in the FAQ on U2.com under either the subscription section or the tour info/presale section.

It states that should you not be able to exercise your presale option and are dissatisfied you may apply for a refund which will be prorated based on how long you've held your membership..

As stated above THE THIRD LEG is the key - there will be way more North American dates (including Toronto and quite probably Montreal) and the band will be in top form having been playing live all those months. I know it's a drag now cause we've all been waiting patiently for the first leg but as the months go by and they perfect they're live show the THIRD LEG will be the tour to see!!!

EVERU2, Look closely at the first leg and notice the large gap between the Vancouver and Phoenix shows? If they don't add another Vancouver show, they may well play Calgary or Edmonton then.

And then there's the third leg. I could see them covering BC this time and Alberta in the fall. Don't fret.:wink:

Well folks...

...if anybody doubted that the Edge rumor was true, this spring tour schedule confirms it. A blitz of the West Coast, and gaps between key shows, giving him plenty of time to be at an LA or NY home with the ill family member, in one of the band's many residences in either town), for as long as possible. If we get a bunch of added shows, say 5 or more, I will be VERY surprised. The omissions on the spring leg are too glaring to be ingnored, and are uncharacteristic of the band. I am not complaining, however, because I'm glad at this stage there is a tour at all. I was expecting the worst.

What I also suspect is this: the band are taking the time to play the key "commercial" areas that many of the rumored big acts going on tour this fall will surely hit. 2 shows in Jersey, in addition to MSG, (which I don't think they've ever done before--they didn't play MSG for POPMART) because Bruce will own that place if he tours this fall. 2 dates in Seattle/Vancouver, because that's Pearl Jam's home area, which they will play if they tour, (wherever the Ten Club is able to schedule.), when U2 usually play Seattle in the fall.

Boston was probably the only city that was intact and unmoved, becuase, well, you know why. The band can't avoid Boston, it's in their blood, and besides the Beanies would literally riot in the streets if they had to submit to the indignity of waiting for a third leg!:)Really! (And I say this with the greatest love for Boston and its people..I finally got to see u2 there during Elevation after 20 yrs of fandom, --thanks Propaganda, RIP...I meant it before today and after today, even more...even if I do not get a Boston ticket, I am still planning to travel to Boston for the 2 days and camp out in the street and the Four Seasons with the fans, just because both the fan vibe and the physical ambience, of the place during "u2 time" is so magical, and so like Dublin...having been there too, and can compare...unlike anything else..you people who plan to go, it is every bit what people and the band say it is..BELIEVE THE HYPE...I am willing to hang out even though I may not be going to any of the shows. It's that great and I am NOT a nut. And it's easy to meet the band there too!.)

And other big places like Chicago, LA etc because these are big markets that these acts..but ESP the Stones--are sure to hit and suck the cash from. With these "Key" areas already taken care of in the spring, they will be free to schedule places like Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Washington, Hartford, possibly Albany and Buffalo (*crosses fingers*..I am stuck with only one, possibly 2 shows now, if I can wrangle Boston somehow..)..TEXAS...Toronto....maybe even a couple Midwestern dates that people like the Stones wouldn't think twice about at this stage. Everyone else MAY hit some areas here too, but that's not a defenite. Eg the Stones may play in Texas, etc, but it could be in different city than U2. Bruce likes the Midwest and has played there a lot (esp since Tom Joad), but again, only specific cities in the "big markets" on the Coasts are a given.

I did not do the presale, I decided weeks ago I wouldn't, as soon as I subscribed. I made arrangments with a friend, and am waiting for Monday. He has promised me MSG tix and he has never gone wrong in 16 years, buying for himself, for U2 and other shows. He's got all kinds of shadowy connection I don't know about...and if that fails, he has always gone to the box office the day before the show, when they release tickets held back until then. He was never a Prop member, and never bought from TM Over the phone. I regaled him with Prop tales. I correctly predicted the chaos that would erupt today with the presale. In fact, I spent an hour and a half with him on the phone last night, LONG distance, and my phone bill is going to be shot to hell...:wink:

For all you who got tix, congrads. For those who didn't, the public sale is coming! For those of you who don't live on a Coast, or down South, I feel for you, I really do. My Albany show was postponed ( I think), but I can still go to NY or Boston (maybe.) All you guys who have to wait until the fall, if it was me, I'd be tearing my hair out. Really...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom