(01-23-2005) 'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Y'know, considering the reason for the abbreviated tour, I'm happy they're touring at all.

Of course, it's easy for me to say that, seeing as I have several choices of venue.

I don't think the band would like to tour this way, so those of you considering being pissed at the developments might like to see a bigger picture before you get angry about the tour.

pianorocker said:
I'm too impatient...I don't want to wait till fall! *pouts* heh. Maybe some Ohio dates will get fed in there. Or maybe that's the punishment for voting Bush. ;) Just kidding! Just kidding! *ducks tomatoes*

Cleveland will probably be close in time frame to the Pittsburgh show, but I hope to go to both :)

Its a bit annoying that they will announce the extra dates AFTER the pre-sale cos I would have liked to use my pre-sale for the last day of the venue rather than the first.

Please everyone who is upset about the tour bear in mind that a month was lost! The tour was to have opened 1March, but due to the family illness it has been moved to the end of March. The knock on effect of this is that the dates had pretty much been set, so as the US and Europe was booked, the dates could not be altered. So basically the third leg ws to be a covering of the same ground, similarly to leg 3 Elevation, but now has to have the 'bolted on March dates'. This also explains the delay in announcing leg 3.

martha said:
Y'know, considering the reason for the abbreviated tour, I'm happy they're touring at all.

Of course, it's easy for me to say that, seeing as I have several choices of venue.

I don't think the band would like to tour this way, so those of you considering being pissed at the developments might like to see a bigger picture before you get angry about the tour.

:up:
I'm either going to have to drive 5 hours or fly to the venue I want to go to but again - considering everything I'm just happy they feel they can tour at all

How hard do you think it will be to get two chicago GA tickets for the two chicago shows if I am online the absolute second they go on sale?? Should I consider getting a U2.Com subscription? Whattya think?

celia said:
Its a bit annoying that they will announce the extra dates AFTER the pre-sale cos I would have liked to use my pre-sale for the last day of the venue rather than the first.

my thoughts exactly!!! i must say I'm kinda disappointed about the whole thing. 13 cities??? thats pretty weak. but the major thing im pissed about is what celia said above!!!!!!!!

Do we have to save the code?

Anyone know if they will give out a new presale code whenever more dates(a.k.a. the next leg of the tour) is announced??? I'd rather see them here in buffalo or maybe toronto... so I'd save the code till one of those dates are announced.....

yeah, the lack of buffalo/toronto dates is KILLING me here...

They played toronto and buffalo on the first leg during elevation (which i didn't get to see!!!):mad:

and then they came back to hamilton, same area, on 3rd leg to balance it out!!

I don't wanna see all the shows at once, I wanted a few on the first leg, then a few on the third, nice! but i guess that won't happen!!! oh well, as others said at least they are touring at all, though i'm still severely dissappointed in the first leg...not like i've been waiting 4 years..wait a sec...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

I made it to The Buffalo show and the hamilton show last time around..In fact, for the Buffalo show my wife and I had two tickets each..LOL...

What ended up happening was...103.3 and Wilson Farmsran a contest and gave away tickets to the show in the Luxary Suite/Limo ride to and from/food/drinks and concert shirts....and we won...I filled out like 50 entry blanks....and the girl I talked with at the station said they only recieved a total of like 100 entries....half were from me!.....So we took the Limo, sat up in the suite for the opening band, ate and drank up there... and for U2, we went down to the seats I bought through Propaganda...

I remember when the leg of the tour was announced that had the Hamilton date in it, Propaganda sent out more order forms for presale tickets....

It almost sounds like if you dont use your Presale code for the "official announced dates that are made on Monday" you don't get to use it for anything else????
Anyone know for sure???

It's interesting how upset everybody's getting.

Are you upset because you're not getting the first leg? If you live near any somewhat major city, I promise you, U2 will not forget you. If they came during Elevation, odds are they're coming this time. There was a delay, and they'll make up for it in the third leg.

Personally, I'm glad there are no DC/Baltimore shows in the first leg. I always like seeing the bands 2nd/3rd leg. The 1st leg is when they're too rusty, by the time the 3rd leg rolls around, they're in the pocket.

Plus, the third leg is about the time they start deciding what songs really worked and what didn't, and they start putting on those incredibly stellar shows night after night.

So for those cities not included in the first leg, don't fret. The third leg's something worth waiting for.

Why are you americans getting upset for? They play all the places they normally play on the third leg.
So....you have to wait an extra 6 months onto your 3 years without a U2 Gig
Us aussies who arent travelling overseas (i am) will probabley have to wait 12 months from now, after waiting 7 years as it is.

The John Tree said:
It's interesting how upset everybody's getting.

Are you upset because you're not getting the first leg? If you live near any somewhat major city, I promise you, U2 will not forget you. If they came during Elevation, odds are they're coming this time. There was a delay, and they'll make up for it in the third leg.

Personally, I'm glad there are no DC/Baltimore shows in the first leg. I always like seeing the bands 2nd/3rd leg. The 1st leg is when they're too rusty, by the time the 3rd leg rolls around, they're in the pocket.

Plus, the third leg is about the time they start deciding what songs really worked and what didn't, and they start putting on those incredibly stellar shows night after night.

So for those cities not included in the first leg, don't fret. The third leg's something worth waiting for.

You may be right, but not when it comes to U2.

1st leg of Elevation was FAR better- the shows were longer in every instance, they were still playing Fly/Mysterious Ways/etc. All the 3rd leg shows I saw were mailed in and full of staged, cloying patriotism (the flag plant at the tip of the heart was downright obnoxious)

I feel for you guys, sorry to hear this but i have a feeling they will hit more places in America on the 3rd leg. I am here in Los Angeles. I knew there was a good reason to live here somewhere. I hope to ge to New York also. I am excitted! :larry: :adam:

BOYO3221 said:
there is no way this can be legit, i want to see them in albany and bono LOVES Albany has played here on the boy tour till till elevation, NO WAY these are legit. If they are i'm gonna flip the &*%# out straight up. I will disown u2 arse. I am not hapy at alll

Jackass...chill the "&*%#" out. These are FIRST LEG DATES. Jeez...has anyone here ever EVER been around a world tour before?

Check out the shuffling Bowie did last time.

I must be completely crazy, but if you try to buy some tic^kets for the US leg, prices are between 250-550$ !!!!!! What the hell!!!!! can anyone tell me I have a bad dream!!!???

I too, am disappointed in the schedule. However, it's not the end of the world, and they will play in arenas closer to Oklahoma before the end of the year. The anticipation of waiting will make the experience even better, ehh?

What's going to kill me is when I hear everyone talk about the concerts for months on end, without knowing if I'll ever experience it myself. Hopefully they'll make it to Dallas or Oklahoma City, because otherwise I'm going to be forced into planning a lengthy road trip.

bono_man2002 said:
Why are you americans getting upset for? They play all the places they normally play on the third leg.
So....you have to wait an extra 6 months onto your 3 years without a U2 Gig
Us aussies who arent travelling overseas (i am) will probabley have to wait 12 months from now, after waiting 7 years as it is.

It's true that these shows are - check out atu2.com's map of U2 shows and Kerry/Bush states from last November - looking odd since they're skipping so much of the north, middle and south sections but remember March dates were lost due to tour routing/family illness.

Also, more dates will probably be added later on and if not, I bet U2 will tour heavy in the fall to cover the remaining states.

Last but not least, what bono_man2002 said. US is the one place U2 won't ever neglect when touring, take a look at how many shows countries the size of France or Germany are getting, and how many Europeans will have to travel yet again.

Given the shortened first leg, they may need to play stadiums in Led 3 in the bigger markets. The talk is still arena's in the U.S, but if they play stadiums, it will give them more time to play arena's in the small markets. If they have to do another 4-6 shows in NY in the Fall, Boston, Chicago etc... this will soak up alot of time. If tickets sell out real quick on the first leg, they may have little choice as there could be some backlash.

What -ever happens, just come to Australia will you

This first leg resembles the first leg of The Joshue Tree tour in 1987 which was heavy in shows in the southwest, had a few shows in the midwest and covered the northeast as well. The third leg of that tour covered many cities not touched on the first leg, as well as return visits to major markets played on the first leg. Have faith.

Take a look at the original itinerary that was leaked last month and assume that most, if not all of those cities will be played, but if your city is not listed on that, it's probably a long shot that you'll get them, as they have to try to fit in the cancelled shows from March.

U2 traditionally announces the fall return to N America leg of their tours after the first leg ends, so you may have to wait another 5-6 months before the Sept-Nov dates are announced.

wait- so when should U2.com official subscribers use their little code? The site that Interference gave me a link to has made the tickets uber expensive. Do I wait until tomorrow when the tickets officially go on sale and then use my code, etc?

U2girl91289 said:
wait- so when should U2.com official subscribers use their little code? The site that Interference gave me a link to has made the tickets uber expensive. Do I wait until tomorrow when the tickets officially go on sale and then use my code, etc?

The site that interference gave is a ticket broker.

I believe the link for the presale tomorrow is:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/09189062371/

Hmm interesting, then I wonder since that link kellyahern posted takes you to ticketmaster page for the member presale if there will be service and convenience charges added on to your tickets. If thats true, you think you have heard a lot of complaining about U2.com, you havent heard anything yet!

SteveGed said:
Hmm interesting, then I wonder since that link kellyahern posted takes you to ticketmaster page for the member presale if there will be service and convenience charges added on to your tickets.
There will be

Back
Top Bottom