(01-21-2005) U2 'Vertigo Tour' Announcement -- XFM*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 "Vertigo" Tour Announcement

After weeks of rumour and reported cancellations, Xfm can reveal that the full dates for U2’s gargantuan ‘Vertigo’ world tour will be released on Monday (January 24) and the first support band has also been announced.

According to an official statement the 'Vertigo Tour', dates will be announced on Monday, though Billboard reports that the jaunt will kick off on March 28 at the San Diego Sports Arena in the US, with tickets going on sale January 29.

The tour is expected to arrive in Europe for the summer beginning on June 10 in Brussels, with UK and Irish dates rumoured to also be taking place later that month.

But if you listen to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on 104.9 Xfm at 8.00am you'll hear the official announcement a U2 'Vertigo' UK tour date.

"One of the great privileges of working with U2 is you get to go on the road with them," U2 manager Paul McGuinness told Billboard. "We are, I suppose, that rarest of things: a major touring attraction that is still having number one records all over the world after 25 years."

McGuinness also added that a tour DVD is likely in late 2005 and that the band may well make some of the shows available as digital downloads.

"We're exploring technology where it might be possible to download the show you've just seen," he continued, "We've been talking to iTunes and the folks at Apple, with whom we have a great relationship, but it's not quite there yet. We're certainly looking at it."

Billboard also estimates the tour to be the highest earning jaunt of 2005, with the band expected to make in excess of $250 million from approximately 110 concerts.

--XFM

yep they are coming to visit me!!!!! wooohooo!

Can't believe they are opening here! I am so excited..!

This is going to be one loonnnng weekend! LOL How am I supposed to work on monday? :huh:

I am going to be a nervous wreck :crazy: all week with the announcement on monday, then the presale then the public sale next saturday!:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom