(01-20-2005) 'Vertigo Tour' to Be Announced Monday ! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hell. Yes.

This made my day a whole lot brighter. I was shitty and depressed, painful memories emerging from my sick little head...now I'm fsckin' ecstatic, dude! This is great! :hyper: And Kings of Leon, good choice for opening band...of course I could care less about who the opening band is (well, okay, unless it was Interpol or Bloc Party, then I'd be in rapture) 'cause I'm goin' to a U2 concert!!! HELLZ YEAH!!!!

Now I just gotta pray they come to Indy...if not I'll still work it out, but it would be sooooo wonderful if they came back to Indianapolis...and U2.com's presale better work. I worry about all the problems people have been having with U2.com (though I'm yet to experience any).

Oh, and to all those who are going to their first U2 concert - congratulations! My reccommendation is to get there hella early to get near the front...that's what I'm doing...last time I was up in a damn SEAT like halfway up the arena and I got there like a half hour before the opening act started... this time, I'm gonna be on the floor, near the stage. This time I'm meeting Bono. I promise you.

I just listened to HTDAAB again...and it is amazing how fresh it feels just after getting excited about the tour. Unbelievable.

What a band.

I was hoping for the "Love and Peace or Else Tour"

Just seems to fit the times, very Rolling Stones...just sounds cool me thinks.

I was also hoping for something more original than the target. Never thought that that was that great a visual anyhow. My only prayer, no Def Leopard revolving stage, in the round bullshit.

Its gonna be sweet.

Your right "The Love and Peace or Else Tour 2005" would have been cooler

But we have to stick with the "Vertigo Tour" that is going to rock the world compadres!

Salud

The name of the tour doesn't really mean anything to me. The actual show and stage set-up are where the money's at!:wink:

examples of other "blah" U2 tour names:

Boy Tour
October Tour
War Tou
Unforgetable Fire Tour
Joshua Tree Tour
Elevation Tour

The only ones that were interesting were the Lovetown Tour, Zoo T.V. and POPMART.

I am totally psyched about the tour. This will be... YES ..... my very first concert (assuming I get tickets) since I was left out without a ticket for last tour. I am already preparing for the day of ticket sales....... Keeping my fingers crossed and also wishing all of you guys the best of luck in your attempts in getting tickets!

I just got my code from U2.com. :hyper:

"Please note that you cannot use this code to make your advance ticketing purchase until the presale begins this Tuesday.."

"Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a Paid-up U2.Com Subscriber you will be able to purchase up to two
(2) tickets for any one (1) indoor show (North America) or up to four (4)
tickets for any one (1) outdoor show (Europe)."

Last edited:
I just got mine as well. I am so relieved about that. Now I'm hoping that the presale for the show I want to see is NOT on Tuesday at 10am, as I can't get to a computer at that hour!

I am so glad I kept my two memberships... But ugh... what to do, what to do?

I am seriously, freaking out... and as much as I hate ticketmaster, we know they won't crash for the pre-sale... dealing with them for the regular tickets will be fun though :|

Only the 1st and 2nd legs will be announce on Monday....no 3rd and 4th legs annoucement..that's sucks.Since they are coming here to Montreal on the 3rd leg,that means we'll have to wait to later this spring or in the summer to know the date :(

Cigar said:
Only the 1st and 2nd legs will be announce on Monday....no 3rd and 4th legs annoucement..that's sucks.Since they are coming here to Montreal on the 3rd leg,that means we'll have to wait to later this spring or in the summer to know the date :(

Where did it say that?

Cigar said:

In the vertigo tour section on U2.com,they say only the first and second leg of the tour will be announce

ok, that sucks since it leads to the multitude of questions regarding

will a presale be offered for the 3rd leg assuming you don't use your code now?

Me too! Igot my access code from u2.com for tixs on sale to subscribers Tues. at 10am. Will be at work and am afraid there won't be any tixs left when I get home at 5pm. Ugh!!!!!!!

Cigar said:

In the vertigo tour section on U2.com,they say only the first and second leg of the tour will be announce

Then there's hope for me yet! I've been thinking of a way to do the Tuesday thing and there's just no way short of a natural disaster that doesn't knock out power or cable. Besides, isn't kinda silly to put tickets on sale this early for shows in late fall?

U2dork said:

Then there's hope for me yet! I've been thinking of a way to do the Tuesday thing and there's just no way short of a natural disaster that doesn't knock out power or cable. Besides, isn't kinda silly to put tickets on sale this early for shows in late fall?

But i remember very well that for the PopMart tour ,which was announce in early February of 1997,the fall leg dates of the tour were announced at the same time as the first 2 legs.

They could've have least announce the 3rd leg dates for the Vertigo tour even if they don't put the tickets on sale only later in the spring.

Last edited:
But cigar, they were trying to fill stadiums for POPmart. With a shorter third leg of stadiums and arenas in the fall, tickets could go on sale later and still sell very well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom