(01-19-2006) Edge Goes to Sundance - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Edge Goes to Sundance

Edge will make an appearance at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah (presumably next week) in support of the documentary "Leonard Cohen I'm Your Man" by longtime U2 friend Lian Lunson, according to Lunson's Sundance blog on MSN. As you'll recall, U2 filmed a performance of "Tower of Song" with the legendary Cohen for a segment in the film.

Lunson has also filmed the recent PSA's for Edge's Music Rising charity in support of New Orleans musicians in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

To read Lunson's Sundance blog, go here.

Thanks so much, Chrissi!

Update

Reuters has the following pictures of Edge in Park City on January 23rd:

r3505091637.jpg

r3680465333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so excellent! I would love to be there....I've always wanted to attend a film festival and haven't ever been to Sundance, so that would be cool to schmooze with the film buffs and would also be fun to bump into Mr. The Edge! I hope his friend's film does very well!

Oh wow! My brother was supposed to go to Sundance this week! He's a huge U2 fan he's going to be really mad he decided not to go now...

Arg! I live in Salt Lake, but it's all sold out. :( I guess I'll just... wander around downtown and hope for the best.

livviebway said:
Arg! I live in Salt Lake, but it's all sold out. :( I guess I'll just... wander around downtown and hope for the best.

You can still just hang around sundance or walk around park city without having to attend the actual films, and still bump into celebrities left and right. they are usually out there shopping, skiing, getting coffee, etc........ who knows. yfind out the exact date of that film and you should still go. Look up the date on the sundance website, it lists the schedule for the entire festival.

I do, unfortunately, have school and other unfortunate little things that require my presence and make it a bit inconvenient to head up to Park City. Alas! ;) It's showing one night in Salt Lake and I may pop by the theater that night cause I'll be nearby, but I doubt I'll see anything. Oh well. *waves to Edge, wherever he may be*

livviebway said:
I do, unfortunately, have school and other unfortunate little things that require my presence and make it a bit inconvenient to head up to Park City. Alas! ;) It's showing one night in Salt Lake and I may pop by the theater that night cause I'll be nearby, but I doubt I'll see anything. Oh well. *waves to Edge, wherever he may be*

that's too bad. :( I used to live in Utah for a few years, and can you believe it, but I never made it out to the festival? How dumb was I? :mad: I did go to sundance a few times and had lunch there during the summertime. it is very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom