(01-18-2005) More Tour News... - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
More Tour News...

A source involved with planning the new U2 tour has let us know the following details:

-The main reason behind the tour's delay is, as Paul McGuinness has stated to U2.com, that the original tour route hit some snags. The "family illness" rumor has also been cited by our source as another reason for the delay.

-One member of U2 in particular has been very involved with the tour's scheduling.

-A finalized tour itinerary is expected to be delivered to tour agencies today, January 18th, with an official announcement expected by week's end.

-U2 is now believed to be launching the tour in the Southwest part of the United States, possibly in Las Vegas (ala PopMart) or Los Angeles (as rumored on the internet).

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
enough crap rumors!

it pisses me off how we can talk about something (illness) that's maybe pure speculation and that disrespect the band and its family. It's the 15 th review telling the same damn thing and it is always written by "a close source of the band"!!!! What the hell, everyone is a close source of the band?????

I'm tired of it:madspit:

If the tour itinerary is being released to ticket agencies today you can be damn sure that it'll leak before the end of the week and the official announcement.

I think the official announcement will be more about the tour name and stage setups and technology and such rather than the itinerary itself.

I promise you that there's at least someone with sketchy ethics working at one of these ticket agencies that will have no problem getting their hands on the itinerary and typing it up.

On another note, ticketmaster has taken the Miami March 1st show off their listings. Don't know if that was recent or if anyone else noticed prior.

Yeah, I think everything can be taken as a rumor for now, however I think things are turning towards a possible tour announcement by the week's end or early next week from the word I've heard.

Last edited:
LuminousTimes said:
Why is this in the news section and not the Rumors section? Is interference reporting this as fact? If so, I would like a little more information on the source.

I agree.

In another thread, one of the mods said we must "respect their privacy" on a piece of news that merely stated U2 had posed an injuction against a newspaper.

Yet here, we have "sources" stating far more detail (including this "family illness") under the News section.

Seems to me there's a slight double standard. :scratch:

I agree, we should respect U2's privacy. However, we shouldn't be scolded for speculating or posting some news while the staff here does the same thing.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
This place gets so psycho when we are waiting for info. I agree with the Disciple, let's all just wait.

Ya think? We're like a bunch of people who've been stranded on a deserted island for the past ten years and we're waiting for news of a rescue.

You know ramblin it's like people think Interference is "THE" source for "real" U2 info. And you know when they use or reference material that a) may have been published elsewhere, or b) may be from an anonymous "source" people just get all bent outta shape.

I think we all need to take a step back, realize that U2 is a Rock Band, which is part of the "entertainment" business and realize that we shouldn't base our entire lives around what they do or don't do. Hey, look I've been a fan for almost 20 years, but I don't take these news reports so seriously and I certainly am not going to get mad for someone passing on info they've heard. It's fun, it's entertainment man! It isn't life or death.

If someone is truly sick within the U2 family then that is serious, and we can all just wait. But don't jump all over Interference for passing on info they've received. Really, come on now friends.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Yeah, I think everything can be taken as a rumor for now, however I think things are turning towards a possible tour announcement by the week's end or early next week from the word I've heard.

Isn't that exactly what the article from whence this thread sprang just said?

Last edited:
Regardless of when the announcement is, remember that tickets usually go on sale within days of the announcement. If the announcement is coming this week, there is the possibility tickets could go on sale this Saturday or the following Saturday. Those with fan club membership would be able to purchase their tickets the night before. I'm not saying that is how it will happen, but its a possibility.

Tickets don't usually go on sale RIGHT AFTER the announcement. More likely, the Internet presale would take place a week after the announcement (if it's on a Friday or Saturday, the Internet sale would be the following Frieday or Saturday), with the "public" sale the week after that, on the second Saturday.

Remember the Propaganda letter or post or whatever it was said the presale would be "a week before the general public."

Historically, the band have given a little bit of time to the fans before the sale. What probably would have happened is the announcement was to come on Friday the 7th or Monday January 10, with the Propaganda sale on the 14th and the general public sale on Sat the 24th. This was the origional "ticket onsale in January" rumor. With the tour starting 5 weeks later on March 1. Now, the "general public" sale will probably be on Sat. Feb 8th, with the tour starting possibly 6 weeks later, at the end of the month.

Last edited:
We all get a bit bananas when the info starts flying fast. Settle in guys, it's gonna be a bumpy ride for awhile, try not to bite off the Interference hands that feed us...

and need I say again, if the illness rumors are true, I can wait until bloody 2006 if I have to. Family first. I know I sure as hell don't want to be the so-called "fan" made an example of, crying and whinging about wanting a tour when it turns out someone really was critically ill. :no:

Yahweh_OMG said:
enough crap rumors!

it pisses me off how we can talk about something (illness) that's maybe pure speculation and that disrespect the band and its family. It's the 15 th review telling the same damn thing and it is always written by "a close source of the band"!!!! What the hell, everyone is a close source of the band?????

I'm tired of it:madspit:

the same for me!
You know, Italian newspapers went on, saying that the tour has been post-poned because Adam, Larry and Edge can't stand Bono's ego no more.
No comment!

First, I want to apologize if the news article we chose to post has upset any of you. We were simply passing along information we received from a tour source. Nothing more.

Secondly, I also realize that all of us would like some sort of finite something or other regarding this tour by way of actual news, tour dates or putting recent rumors to rest. I understand the frustration, believe me I do. What I don't understand is the vitriol that is being spread. What are we truly snapping at each other about, and why? Is it worth it? Is this really so serious that we have to start snapping at each other or over-analyzing every word of everyone else's posts?

Further, and to clarify (at least from my perspective) - it's one thing to acknowledge the family illness rumor. It's another thing to speculate on it. (I believe delving into the band's private lives is even in our FAQ.) While some of us on staff would rather we do not speculate deeply as to why U2 is or isn't choosing to put the rumor to bed, or even decline to release more information on the rumor itself, we are not scolding you. As I type this, I feel badly that everyone is upset, but I am certainly not being stern, condescending, or whatever other personality attribute someone might want to place upon me. I am a sweet person, and without knowing me, it's kinda hard to "hear" that. Same goes for other mods around here.

We are all excited for the tour, and I know it's frustrating. But I do think we all need to step back a bit and stop taking things so seriously. I do not take myself nearly as seriously as some of you might think, and I certainly don't think I am anything special. When I say we should all just try to chill, it's just that I would like to see everyone count to ten and try to hang on a little longer until we have the tour announcement and then we'll have something else to project onto rather than the intensity we have put on the tour's delay and any and all reasons for it.

I'm sure nothing of what I said is going to mean anything to you guys, but I really do sympathize, and am just as ancy as the rest of you. :(

doctorwho said:

I agree, we should respect U2's privacy. However, we shouldn't be scolded for speculating or posting some news while the staff here does the same thing.

docwho,

I think you took the whole thing the wrong way... you were not 'scolded'. The team has just chosen that we dont want certain information posted about this topic. For whatever reason, that is our option both in editorial/news form and within the forum itself.

It's nothing personal against you, or anyone else, if we decide we dont want something posted, however it is within our right to do so.

Thanks for understanding,

Joel

I think we all need to take a step back from all this and gain some perspective on how important a tour is in the larger scheme of things.

Relax. We will see them soon enough. In the meantime, enjoy what we do have from them: a great new album.

Last edited:
jedi Larry said:
I think we all need to take a step back from all this and gain some perspective on how important a tour is in the larger scheme of things.

Exactly. I find it abhorrant that someone might whinge and moan because they have to wait a few more weeks for info. A major illness does put everything into perspective.

:angry: (Rant Alert! Rant Alert!) :angry:

:yell: For those who insist on throwing their toys at the pram about the tour, giving no thought to the circumstances: we've waited years for this. A few months longer is HARDLY going to kill us now is it? Just deal with it! Christ on a bike. I haven't seen many posts of that nature, but there are a few... it's just pathetic.
:mad:

Roll on tour!

Why isnt this on U2.com yet?? Is this another rumor coming from this site again?
Dont fans know that offical information is announced on u2.com. This is why I dont come here that much.

lady luck said:

the same for me!
You know, Italian newspapers went on, saying that the tour has been post-poned because Adam, Larry and Edge can't stand Bono's ego no more.
No comment!

I think we need to stop spreading invalid news. I dont care if you have a tour source or not. Everyone seems to have a tour source on this subject. I think we need to wait to Offical Announcement has been made. People get pissed at this cause its not offical. Unless Paul McGuiness or someone from U2 management is coming to you personally then it will be believed by me. If not.. well you shouldnt be putting stuff on here that is just rumored.

I agree with U2Philly 100%

And remember that suppose "real" Edge that was apparently posting in this forum last year?Well,we all know that it turn out to be a fake "Edge"

The credibility of this board took a huge hit with that.So excuse me for having my doubts with that suppose "close" source to the band concerning the announcement of the tour for the end of the week.We got fooled once...not twice,Hello Angel...sorry.

u2philly said:

I think we need to stop spreading invalid news. I dont care if you have a tour source or not. Everyone seems to have a tour source on this subject. I think we need to wait to Offical Announcement has been made. People get pissed at this cause its not offical. Unless Paul McGuiness or someone from U2 management is coming to you personally then it will be believed by me. If not.. well you shouldnt be putting stuff on here that is just rumored.

You are right, U2.com is the place to get official news. All fan sites, though, have sources and post information from those sources that is not official but quite often turns out to be true. Of course everything should be taken with a grain of salt until the real word comes down, but Interference.com, and all other fan sites, still have the right to post any mumblings we hear from our various sources.

What is the big deal? You read it, decide if you believe it or not and move on.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so excited.

Ha, Ha, latest rumor on U2.com, tour starting on March 28, Tempe AZ.

You see, rumours are even posted on the "official messageboard".

That said, everyone knows the only official news will be that posted on the main page of U2.com.

ramblin rose said:
What is the big deal? You read it, decide if you believe it or not and move on.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so excited.

Ha, Ha, latest rumor on U2.com, tour starting on March 28, Tempe AZ.

You see, rumours are even posted on the "official messageboard".

That said, everyone knows the only official news will be that posted on the main page of U2.com.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom