(01-14-2005) 'Sometimes...' released February 7th - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/news/images/sycmioyo_cd2maxi_cover.jpg[/SIMG]
'Sometimes...' released February 7th

'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own', the second single from 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb', will be released by Universal Island Records outside Canada, the US and South America on 7th February.

'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' will be available on 2 CD formats and a DVD single.

B-sides include an exclusive Jacknife Lee remix of 'Ave Maria' sung by Bono with Luciano Pavarotti (the original of which was performed at the Pavarotti & Friends concert in Italy in 2003), the dancefloor-filling 'Vertigo' Redanka remix, and the Jacknife Lee remix of UK and Japan-only album track
'Fast Cars'.

The DVD carries a video of the band performing 'Sometimes ...' live from the Dublin studio, along with a Trent Reznor reworking of Vertigo.

sycmioyo_cd2maxi_cover.jpg

Formats are as follows:

CD1
1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - radio edit 4:51
2. Fast Cars - Jacknife Lee Mix 3:28

CD2
1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - radio edit 4:51
2. Ave Maria - Jacknife Lee Mix 3:35
3. Vertigo - Redanka Remix 7:32

DVD single
1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - live at Hanover Quay, 16 Nov 2004
2. Vertigo - video
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - audio
4. Vertigo - Trent Reznor Remix - audio

Don't forget that in Canada, South America and the US, the second single from 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' is 'All Because of You' - and we are hosting the new video for this track right now on the homepage.

More graphics here: http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1290

That is awesome, I am a big NIN/Trent reznor fan so therefor will be getting the DVD, plus I am a fan of visuals, especially visuals of Larry Mullen :p Too bad I can't ask for it for V-day considering that my significant other and I have a set V-day budget.

Last edited:
Here is when the Apple/U2 relationship is put to the test. We've gotten all the UK relased single with the complete U2...will they give us all the SYCMIOYO tracks as well. *fingers crossed* I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

kellyahern said:
the DVD is region 2, so it won't play on U.S. DVD players, but it usually plays okay on computer drives

you can get an all-region dvd player for between $30-$60 and it plays anything worldwide.

is the Verigo video on the 'B side' of the DBVD the desert one [i looovvveee that it's simple yet so striking]?

If not-- is the desert vertigo vid suppose to appear officially anywhere? Or is italready.

Sorry, I don't own a DVD so i don't keep as good a track as i might wnt to. My sib's got teh DVD, though it's a USA one.

Surely the radio edit will be the full song and not the cut version that was on TOTP still?

Hopefully it'll be the same as the Vertigo singles - 3 for £6.

This is crap!
No new B-sides and that video of SYCMIOYO is probably the same as on the DVD "three songs" that you get with the deluxe album version!

very dissapointing.....

Back
Top Bottom