(01-14-2005) Ripping Things Apart -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Ripping Things Apart

In its members-only section, U2.com has a new exclusive interview with Jacknife Lee, producer of the "Vertigo" remix. Some highlights...

U2.com: Before you were asked to work with them, were you a U2 fan?

I was in and out of love from the beginning. I remember when their first single came out and Dave Fanning had the vote on his show – ‘What would the A-side be?’ Being from Dublin, they’re hard to avoid, especially if you’re in bands. They have a presence.

My wife is a big fan, and when we moved into our last place, we used to listen to ‘All That You Can’t Leave Behind’ while we were painting the house. I really got to like it. I reached a point where I missed that U2 sound. By the time this one came up, I was in love with them again.

U2.com: So how did you feel when you were asked to work with them?

I thought, “Shit, I can’t do this!” - I felt like I was out of my depth. I didn’t even know what I was supposed to be doing, because nobody told me. I didn’t know whether I was meant to come in and stir up shit and create a storm, or subtly work my way in. I chose the subtle approach…

For more of this interview, visit the News section of U2.com.

In the interview there is said that Jacknife did a dance version of ABOY which he really liked. Mayby we will get it on some future single?

Did anyone else find the picture accompanying this article really creepy? :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom