(01-13-2005) U2 Lead Rolling Stone Poll - contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 LEAD ROLLING STONE POLL

U2 have stormed the most important readers poll of 2004 after landing Best Single, Best Album, Artist of The Year, Best Band and Best Video prizes in rock bible ROLLING STONE.

The group's VERTIGO hit was voted Best Single and Best Video in the annual poll and the rockers beat GREEN DAY and RAY CHARLES to the Artist of The Year honour.

PRINCE also featured highly, edging out USHER for the Best Male Performer crown and beating THE PIXIES to the Most Welcome Comeback honour. GWEN STEFANI and VELVET REVOLVER also claimed two awards.

The full list of readers' poll winners is:

Best Single - VERTIGO by U2

Best Album - HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB by U2

Artist of The Year - U2

Best Male Performer - PRINCE

Best Female Performer - GWEN STEFANI

Best Band - U2

Best Video - VERTIGO by U2

Best Tour - VOTE FOR CHANGE

Best Soundtrack - GARDEN STATE

Best Hard Rock/Metal Band - VELVET REVOLVER

Best R+B Artist - ALICIA KEYS

Best Hip-hop Artist - OUTKAST

Best Hip-hop Producer - THE NEPTUNES

Best New Artist - VELVET REVOLVER

Best Dressed - GWEN STEFANI

Most Welcome Comeback - PRINCE

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/u2 lead rolling stone poll

Judah said:
We want another U2 RS cover!

[Also, Prince over Pixies for Most Welcome Comeback? Duh...when did Prince officially quit in order to have an actual comeback?]

I think it's because Prince's comeback was to the mainstream, rather than just catering to die hard fans. :wink:

U2 have been sweeping these polls for a while - did it in the JT era, the AB era and the ATYCLB era.

However, the one time U2 failed to win was in the Pop era. If I recall, even the tour didn't win!

I guess that tells us how popular that era was - little wonder U2 changed directions after 1998. ;)

it's nice to see some good news :)
what i want to know is what band won the coveted "Best Gratuitous Removal of /and or Unbuttoning of Shirts" category?
I surely thought that Bono and Larry had this one wrapped up for the band......oh well, maybe next time......

doctorwho said:
U2 have been sweeping these polls for a while - did it in the JT era, the AB era and the ATYCLB era.

However, the one time U2 failed to win was in the Pop era. If I recall, even the tour didn't win!

I guess that tells us how popular that era was - little wonder U2 changed directions after 1998. ;)

U2 is always changing directions.

Back
Top Bottom