(01-11-2006) Vertigo Tour Heads To Brazil - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Vertigo Tour Heads To Brazil

Ed. Note -- An additional date in Brazil is also rumored on the 21st or 22nd.

The dates are coming thick and fast! Latest news is that U2 will play Sao Paulo's Morumbi stadium on February 20th. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10am.

U2 last played in Sao Paolo – in Brazil for that matter – in January 1998, on the fourth leg of the PopMart Tour.

We’ll bring you the on-sale links as soon as we have them.

For all the latest dates for Vertigo ‘06 check here.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1872

Yippee :dancing: this starts the momentum going for te tour to wind up in Hawaii. I hope all shows are awesome and fans have their socks knocked off with the performances! :rockon:

There was a press conference with the promoters today and guess what? The ticket prices will be even more expensive than the ones reported before!

Field: R$ 200,00 (US$ 88,19), by far the most expensive GA tickets on this tour

Stands: R$ 230,00 (US$ 101,12) by far the most expensive tickets on this tour

Espaço Pão de Açúcar Emotion (numbered seats, upper level in the stands): R$ 380,00 (US$ 167,56); for these ones concert goers will be giving food, drink and a kit with a t-shirt and the latest U2 album.

Students with an special ID can pay half the price and are not allowed to buy tickets online.

The tickets for that so-called Hot Area won´t be for sale, only for 5.000 contest winners and VIPs.

73.000 tickets go on sale this next Monday, Jan 16 (no more on Saturday 14). Tickets for the second concert on Feb 21 will go on sale as soon as the first concert is sold out.

Franz Ferdinand will be the opening act.

Tickets can only be purchased in person in a few Pão de Açúcar stores in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, with online purchase through Ticketronics.

For those familiar with portuguese, check the link below for more detalis:
http://musica.uol.com.br/ultnot/2006/01/12/ult89u6209.jhtm

MT

Last edited:
PLEASE MELBOURNE U2 FANS

I NEED HELP!!!!!

I am not a huge U2 fan but i was told the following " If you don't witness a live U2 concert..you haven't lived." So a friend and i obviously want to live so we rang and logged on and lined up and finally bought 2 reserve tickets to the melbourne concert in March....

I now really want to get into the Music....What i would love is a setlist of the songs people thinks they will most probably play in the Melbourne Vertigo concert so i can learn those songs and sing a long at the concert... I know they will play one, and streets have no name....

What eLse

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....even the obvious ones they will play....

Thanks!!!

The played this on 2005.10.07 in New York City.
If they don't change the setlist for the 4th leg those songs will be included.

City Of Blinding Lights <-- Yes
Vertigo <-- Yes
Elevation <-- Yes
The Electric Co. <-- Maybe
The Ocean <-- Maybe
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For <-- Certainly
Beautiful Day <-- Yes
Miracle Drug <-- Yes
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own <-- Yes
Love And Peace Or Else <-- Yes
Sunday Bloody Sunday <-- Yes
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (Snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet) < Yes, but maybe other lyrics/snippets
Miss Sarajevo <-- Certainly
Pride (In The Name Of Love) <-- Yes
Where The Streets Have No Name <-- Yes
One <-- Yes

The First Time <-- Maybe, but rather not
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of <-- Maybe
Fast Cars <-- Maybe
All Because Of You <-- Yes
Crumbs From Your Table <-- Maybe
Yahweh <-- Yes
With Or Without You <-- Yes

But no guarantee that the setlist really will look like this. Could be possible that they change more songs and play others instead, also the order may change, and I don't know which songs they'll play at this concert, or which snippets.

Could also be that the first encore looks more like this:

Zoo Station or Until The End Of The World
The Fly

Other songs could be Mysterious Ways, maybe One Tree Hill, MLK or something special, Help, Instant Karma or something like this.

Back
Top Bottom