(01-09-2005) Toronto Tribute Bands Organize Tsunami Relief Benefit -- PRWeb*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Toronto U2 and Pearl Jam Tribute Bands Organize Tsunami Relief Benefit Concert for Friday, January 14th

100% of proceeds will go to the Canadian Red Cross "Asia Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund"

(PRWEB) January 9, 2005 -- U2 tribute "Elevation" and Pearl Jam tribute "No Code" reach out to U2 and Pearl Jam fans in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) to come out and help raise urgently needed dollars for the Earthquake and Tsunami victims in the wake of the recent disaster in South East Asia.

"The Tsunami disaster is on a scale so huge I can't get my head around it", says U2 tribute band lead singer Shawn Brady, "in addition to our own personal donations, we decided we wanted to do something to pitch in and of course every little bit helps. Even if we can raise $2000, that might be enough to feed a family or two for a year. When you look at it that way, any amount is very significant."

With cover charge at the door only $8, "Elevation" and "No Code" are hoping to fill the Fox and Fiddle pub on the Danforth. U2 and Pearl Jam fans are known for their interest in world issues so come on out this Friday, January 14th and help raise urgently needed cash and kick-off your weekend with some great live U2 and Pearl Jam music!

Friday, January 14, 2005
Fox and Fiddle
535 Danforth Avenue (Danforth & Pape)
Toronto, Ontario M4K 1P7
Phone: 416-462-9830

Doors open at 8:00pm!
Cover only $8 at door!

http://www.u2tributeband.com/dates.html

Back
Top Bottom