(01-07-2005) Bono: 'It's in My Bloood to Campaign' -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono: "It's in My Blood to Campaign"

Rocker BONO puts his charitable streak down to his Irish roots - because he was brought up to be outspoken.

The U2 frontman has campaigned for a variety of charities and civil rights issues over the course of his lengthy career and he plans to continue using his position as an internationally-famous star to drum up publicity for good causes.

He says, "In Ireland, our very constitution was dreamt up by a combination of poets, revolutionaries, priests, mad drunk people.

"You can't tell Irish people to shut up about politics or religion, they never talk about anything else. And you don't even have to know what they're talking about. I really believe that.

"You shouldn't think, 'Oh, I'm not an expert so I can't voice off. Hold on. We have these anti-viral drugs. OK? And they don't like us, and apparently that makes the world more dangerous.

"Now, I haven't been to university, but can't we just take those two problems and put them together? And I've got a loudhailer. I've got a fuzzbox and I'm gonna use it."

--contactmusic

Thank You, Bono -:bow:

Never give up the fight.

THE GOAL IS SOUL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

what Jamila said!

I just love that statement from Bono, it's so gorgeously blunt and soaringly eloquent at once...

cheers all...

Back
Top Bottom