(01-04-2005) Congrats! It's ABOY! - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Congrats! It's ABOY!

This evening, ESPN.com and the Orange Bowl halftime show ushered in the arrival of U2's brand new video for its new single, "All Because of You." The video features U2 rolling through the streets of Manhattan on the back of a flatbed truck. The version of the video that premiered during the halftime show was shortened and featured clips of the first and second quarters of the football game. The video on ESPN.com is as the band originally intended.

Early fan reaction to the clip was as follows:

"The video brings tears to my eyes."
"Now this is a Video that U2 can be proud of....Well Done!"
"Yes they should be proud of this...its better than WTSHNN."
"I am just loving this.! I am getting all excited about the upcoming tour now! Can't wait!"
"Yay! It's so much better than the Vertigo video. This is how a U2 video should be. I love the reactions of the people on the street."
"Ok, the video is fantastic. I really want to see this on my TV and loud. I love the cheering crowd!! They really seemed to be enjoying themselves."

To watch the video, visit: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sbc/index

Last edited:
Blah

I'm sorry. While I'm all for the band and their in-your-face intimate-playing... I thought this was one of their most boring videos ever. Not only do they rip off themselves ("WTSHNN"), they don't have the decency to be flip about it. Not only that but... I think they've proven exactly how to take two prior videos (the afore-mentioned and "Gloria"), put them in the mixer, and blend them together.

I dunno... I guess I just miss the lights, the sparkles, the "window dressing". The music is great, as always. The video is just plain dull.

i thought it would be a "live video"
I mean they were playing live, why was the video dubbed with the studio recording? maybe i'm wrong...
was wtshnn video like this too?

It's good, I was expecting more.

It's not that captivating...they should have made the bridge more dynamic...

Towards the end, they didn't really show the crowd waiting under the bridge, and all of a sudden there is this massive applause...anyone else notice that?

Keep pushing the envelope...congrats boys. There is a reason you are the best, keep raising the bar....

DPrinceNY said:
i thought it would be a "live video"
I mean they were playing live, why was the video dubbed with the studio recording? maybe i'm wrong...
was wtshnn video like this too?

yes, also streets was dubbed.

Unfortunately I couldn'r see it.
for some mysterious reason, after a very short number of frames the image on my screen stands still.. on Adam, luckily!

I think it is a great video very simple and direct and thats the way it should be....great to see the fan interaction.

Anyone have another source for this video?
Link is broken for the moment...

AND, (some of us) pay 40$ for our U2-membership, and we doesn´t get to see the videos first?? Bull****

It would have been better in the halftime segment WITHOUT all the college football hype - that just got in the way of enjoying the video.

I don't know what "fans" you talked to for the news article, but this follower of U2 for nearly 24 years thought the video was cute, but not earth-shaking.

But I have always loved and accepted U2 without a lot of dissection of their music and their motives, so I will just give ABOY a :up:

It was even better than what I expected. Nice camera angles and shots of the New York skyline.

It's a good video, certainly up to pace with Streets. I think a nice edit in the video would be at the Bono scream 2/3 in and they cut to high color shots under the bridge stage performance and end there.
So at the scream they leave the flatbed and onto the stage for some great skyline night shots...just a thought.
Overall I like the video and LOVE the album. This punky guitar driven album takes me back to 1980 to a place call Toads Place in New Haven CT. First time I saw them and never turned back...The GREATEST band of ALL time...NO DOUBT!!:wink:

Good, what a cheap-ass video.

First, it's a rip-off of Streets, which was brilliant back then.
Second, there was no effort in producing it. Anybody could do a video like that. All you need is a truck and cameras and that's it. C'mon.
Third, this video kind of reminds me of the movie Soap Dish, in which a popular, yet aging soap actress (played by Sally Field) needs assurances that her fans love her by going to the mall and making sure people notice her so she can sign autographs and feel important and loved.
U2 is the same thing. They are an aging band that needs to know that people still love them. How pathetic.

You all are way to harsh!
U2 doesn't need to know the fans still love them, what a god awful analogy! This album already in the 7 million mark, they need no reassurance!
Yes a loaded up flatbed moving through security held Manhattan...anyone could do that, simple stuff??? NUTS!

The new video is ho-hum, if you ask me...I agree that it is weird they didn't end the video by arriving on stage under the bridge. Instead, the video just ends. Not very artistic. Talking about ripping yourself off, when is Joneau going to NOT make aU2 video with screen panes? How totally unoriginal is that?

On a more interesting note, how about the entire stadium BOOING for Ashley Simpson! That kicked ASS!! How do you survive that??? Yikes...

The video is OK. The documentary style filming makes it boring. Maybe I was expecting more from the stage and that crowd interaction.

If you get ESPN on your cable station, you can watch the video just before each hour. I've seen it 3 times this morning. Just before 10, 11am, & 12noon. Apparently ESPN is getting enough feedback to run it every hour. They ran it all night too. I fell asleep with the tv on and ABOY woke me up twice. I didn't mind that one bit. :wink:

sue4u2 said:
If you get ESPN on your cable station, you can watch the video just before each hour. I've seen it 3 times this morning. Just before 10, 11am, & 12noon. Apparently ESPN is getting enough feedback to run it every hour. They ran it all night too. I fell asleep with the tv on and ABOY woke me up twice. I didn't mind that one bit. :wink:

actually... the video is run at the end of SportsCenter on ESPN... seeing as ESPN re-runs sportscenter every hour on the hour from 1 am till 1pm, yea... that's why you're seeing the video over and over and over again.

L03VIk said:
Anyone have another source for this video?
Link is broken for the moment...

AND, (some of us) pay 40$ for our U2-membership, and we doesn´t get to see the videos first?? Bull****

ah, i just paid the $40 to get tickets in the pre-sale.

Back
Top Bottom