Welcome Zootopians!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I hope this is ok mods/Elvis - I just wanted to give a warm welcome to the Zootopians who may wander here to get their U2 fix while Zootopia is down. We are excited to share the U2 love!

Please feel free to introduce yourself here, or start your own thread in Babyface Cafe! :)

Beth :wave:

Yes indeed! Good idea Beth :)

*Welcomes Zootopians with open arms ;) :wave:

Hi feelow zoo refugess come in come in it is warm and cozy asa sweater in here. I was a bit timid at first but everyine has been really cool. Now if only that damn album would come out.

:mac:

We were starving for a while. It's nice to see fresh blood coming in. :evil:

:D

Marty (hasn't visited U2.com for ages)

The new zootopia sucks

The new zootopia sucks, me thinks lots of zoo tops from the official U2 website will be coming over, beware there are some strange folk, but all happy

Unsure...

I'm having difficulty accepting all the newfound acceptance of Zootopians, especially after having read such quotes as:

Sicy said:
I just cant stand the setup over there.

Its lamer than lame.

Sicy said:

Maybe because Zootopia sucks.

(Note: I was told by an auto-reply that I could not add URLs unless I posted at least 15 times, thus I was unable to provide the links to the above comments. Funny that. So many restrictions...)

Granted, the new Zootopia sucks big time, but these comments were made during the old Zootopia's time in cyberspace. I liked the old Zootopia very much, especially during its heyday (fall 2001 - fall 2002). I hate the new Zootopia very much and have had several friends ask me to join here simply to stay in touch like the old days, but I find myself unable to do so given the unpleasant history between the two sites.

While we Zootopians still loved our forum we were not welcomed with open arms, especially if we went against the mainstream, but now, suddenly, we're all accepted? Why? Because you know we hate our new forum so you figure this is a great opportunity to get new subscribers?

I don't know. I am willing to forget and forgive to a certain degree, but I highly doubt those who opposed me would do me the same honor. Moreover, I would doubt the sincerity, because I already doubt it now.

Besides, I can't even post here under my real handle...

So, anyone who has already figured out who I am from Zootopia, I have received e-mails that you are asking on here where I am. I'm sorry I can't join you here, but maybe Capcave will get their contract back and I'll catch you on the new-old Zoo, lol... Until then...

Cheers,
M

Hi everyone!

MysteryGrrl, I'd have to look at the context of those quotes to know for sure what they related to (or I'm sure Sicy can clarify). There are many reasons why people have been happier here at Interference, but at least for me, it was purely an issue of navigation. I'm not a computer expert by any means, but I had a hard time following the flow of conversations on there, having to pay attention so much to the dates and times. I guess I just like seeing everything on one page. That's all it was for me. Looks like they are trying to address that with the new setup, but obviously have many other bugs to work out :shrug:

And it's not a money-greediness issue, you can do many things with Interference without an official membership - $1 a month is worth it to me to have everything :yes:

Ultimately, we want this place to be about the u2 love - and the more of it the better! :up:

Last edited:
Re: Unsure...

MysteryGrrl,

In the past there were some "differences" between the two sites. There was bashing going on on both sites, Zootopia was bashing Interference and likewise. Those quotes were from a thread posted over a year ago. Not quite sure why you're bringing them up now. Everyone has their opinion on how sites are set up and run, I dont think any one person should be singled out.

That's in the past and I think everyone here (myself included) have gotten over the silliness of fueding between forums.

I for one do welcome the Zootopians, and hope they are happy here :)

well, I became a memebr of both at the same time, and for some reson found the zoo layout a bit easier to manage.
I like interference and the people are very nice, same in the zoo.

I know there have been differences between the 2 sites, but i really consider them more like sibling rivalry than anything else, vbecause we are all in the same U2 family :heart:

Re: The new zootopia sucks

Magic Carpet said:
The new zootopia sucks, me thinks lots of zoo tops from the official U2 website will be coming over, beware there are some strange folk, but all happy

Strange?? Moi?? You know you lurves me Sweets!!!!

:wave: Hiya Baja bOB and Puppy, and hiya to everyone else in here! I'm DigitalLove, otherwise known as DigiBabe/Pants/Bint/Slapper, or anything else you feel appropriate! lol

Re: Re: Unsure...

Thank you for your words, Sicy. I only brought them up because I experienced a lot of negativity here when I first joined. (I was under a different name, but I can't seem to log on with that name anymore.) I never received an apology and I never understood what I did wrong. I guess it was just a phase?

Anyway, I feel exetremely disgruntled because I hate the new zoo layout and Zootopia was the first U2 forum I ever joined, simply because I received an e-mail from u2.com to check it out ages ago!

I made many friends and created my own little section that allowed items this new zoo does not allow. It just really upsets me and I miss my old friends, but I have a difficult time following the threads here...

Anyway, thanks again for explaining... It makes me feel much better, though I still wish the old Zoo would just come back already since the new one is clearly a waste of space.

Sicy said:
MysteryGrrl,

In the past there were some "differences" between the two sites. There was bashing going on on both sites, Zootopia was bashing Interference and likewise. Those quotes were from a thread posted over a year ago. Not quite sure why you're bringing them up now. Everyone has their opinion on how sites are set up and run, I dont think any one person should be singled out.

That's in the past and I think everyone here (myself included) have gotten over the silliness of fueding between forums.

I for one do welcome the Zootopians, and hope they are happy here :)

Back
Top Bottom