Um.... Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
Ok, so I was wandering around looking for some new pics of the guys to inspire me and wandered into this forum... it's kind of like stepping off the planet earth and into... well, I don't know exactly, but it's my kind of place. I live in the middle of the north woods in Michigan and spend a lot of time on line simply because there is no one else around to keep me company but woodland creatures and tons of snow. I guess I always knew the guys had a big following, and I understood why (obviously, they're just too special to be put into words) but it's totally different actually crossing paths with so many fans in one place. :wave: so I needed to say hello and boy am I glad to find someone to talk to about the guys who won't sigh and roll their eyes and wonder if I'll ever get over my little obsession. Other people just don't understand!:rolleyes:
I've never been so blessed as to see the guys in concert, and I'm just a little too slow on the uptake I guess because I didn't get tickets to the 1 concert they are doing that's within a four hour drive from where I live. I would have to drive for more than five hours and stay overnight to see them anywhere but Detroit, and I just can't afford that. So, woe is me, I have to live through all of you who get to see them in the flesh.
Seriously, though, I just need to say that U2's words and music have gotten me through tough times and even saved my life at the darkest moments when I wondered if life was really worth it. They constantly amaze me with their ability to define so many important things in life and to make you think. How many men who wear leather pants can you say that about, eh? :D
Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and oh by the way I've been trying to read through several threads and you guys are nuts! (But in a good way)

Sad_Girl said:
I live in the middle of the north woods in Michigan and spend a lot of time on line simply because there is no one else around to keep me company but woodland creatures and tons of snow.

I'm originally from the U.P., but I've been living downstate for almost 5 years now. I miss it up there, but it did get very boring at times. :laugh:

Glad you found Interference! Welcome! :wave:

Awwww sad_Girl! :hug: I hope you won't be sad for too long once you get into the craziness of Interference!!

Too bad you couldn't afford to get to the show :( I'm going to 2 myself& that will make it 5 shows in total for me!! Woo-hoo!

Anyway Hi&have fun! :wave:

I'll call myself sad girl until Adam comes to his senses and falls head over heels for me ... :heart: :D maybe I should sell everything I own and start following them around like a dead head. Think that would get his attention?:hmm:

Welcome Sad_Girl. I'm in the same boat as you as not getting to see the boys in concert. There might be a small chance if they add some extra shows in CA, when I will go visit my friend in the fall. :wave:

Why am I sad? I don't know nature, nurture, chemistry, circumstance. Sad Girl was just a nickname an old friend of mine gave me way back in high school and it kinda stuck. Of course, I'd be happier if I had actually gotten tickets to the Detroit show (which is only like five days before my birthday... what a birthday present that would've been... :hmm: Now I'm trying to figure out some way to sneak past security and try and get a birthday kiss from Adam. :giggle: :heart: )
Thanks for the welcomes, to; glad to be here

" sad girl" was the nickname for a character in the movie "mi vida loca"
ya ever see it?

you sound lonely but im sure you'll make alot of new pals here...
so dont be sad...but keep the cool name or we wont know who ya are ; )

carrieluvv said:
" sad girl" was the nickname for a character in the movie "mi vida loca"
ya ever see it?

you sound lonely but im sure you'll make alot of new pals here...
so dont be sad...but keep the cool name or we wont know who ya are ; )

Nope, never saw it. Thanks for the welcomes, guys; I think I'm gonna like it here:D

Hey, if anybody has any good Adam pictures or stories to share, please do! I love talking about all 4 of the guys but I really get a kick out of Adam. Plus, he has the sexiest damn mouth I've ever seen! :adam: :love:

go over to PLEBA threads. I hear they have tons of pix of the lads, I don't venture in there too often, it can get a little intense.

Welcome to interference.

Mullen4Prez said:
PLEBA is a scary place... The truth is out there

I went in to check out the PLEBA threads... and the next thing I know it's 16 hours later... I haven't eaten or gotten any work done, and it looks like I'm not going to sleep tonight, but I can't seem to tear myself away!:crazy: I guess they were wrong when they told me I needed food and sleep to survive... all I need is U2 and I'm doing fine!

Hi Sad_Girl, I'm from downstate near Lansing :wave:

And there is hope for you yet if you have a good internet connection - they added a second Detroit show for Oct 25th(?) that goes on sale tomorrow (Friday) at 10am - good luck!

I gotta say what you probably suspect, anyway, other people to think about you: You're kind of weird with that Adam thing going. But I gotta say, it's COOL! I'm totally for you being such a wicked anime character as you are. You know, you make our drab life a little more anime-like.

As for that not having gotten tickets, I can totally identify. I'm in the same boat, and it's not because of lack of diligence on my part. A lot of real fans have been screwed. If you're interested, you can find a number of posts on that unpleasant issue in the Tour forum, and among them mine, a new one, which I think brings something new to the table.

bonosloveslave said:
Hi Sad_Girl, I'm from downstate near Lansing :wave:

And there is hope for you yet if you have a good internet connection - they added a second Detroit show for Oct 25th(?) that goes on sale tomorrow (Friday) at 10am - good luck!

:hyper: :hyper: :hug: thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! I have a cable connection at my sisters house, where I already planned on being tomorrow anyway. Now I just gotta see if there's enough credit left on my card.... :slant:
Look boys, I'm comin' to getcha!! :giggle:

RadRacer said:
I gotta say what you probably suspect, anyway, other people to think about you: You're kind of weird with that Adam thing going. But I gotta say, it's COOL! I'm totally for you being such a wicked anime character as you are. You know, you make our drab life a little more anime-like.

As for that not having gotten tickets, I can totally identify. I'm in the same boat, and it's not because of lack of diligence on my part. A lot of real fans have been screwed. If you're interested, you can find a number of posts on that unpleasant issue in the Tour forum, and among them mine, a new one, which I think brings something new to the table.

Well, the ticket thing might be about to change, if God is listening to my prayers right now. :D Oh, man oh man I am not gonna sleep tonight!
I'll be sure to update tomorrow!
And as far as make your lives a little more anime-ted (Bad pun) I do my best. Life is just too short; gotta squeeze in all the fun I can get and sometimes it overflows a little onto those around me

Sad_Girl said:

:hyper: :hyper: :hug: thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! I have a cable connection at my sisters house, where I already planned on being tomorrow anyway. Now I just gotta see if there's enough credit left on my card.... :slant:
Look boys, I'm comin' to getcha!! :giggle:

You're welcome! :)

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :faint:
Man that was several long moments of nervous tension, waiting for ticketmaster to process let me tell you! But it was worth it cuz I got two tickets for the Oct 25 show in Auburn Hills! Yeah! now thats what I call a birthday present! (Oct 30) I'm going to be so hard to live with over the next few months!:hyper: :hyper: :giggle:

GA I hope. Well, I happen to believe that GA is the only place my character is going to have a good time. I love the sea of pillows in motion to the vibes of those beautiful tunes. I'd like to show you what I mean.. but then again I don't know what size of girl u are, because I do believe that if you are shorter than 5 and a half feet it may be unfair for you, unless you come early and manage to endure there next to the rail until the show starts.
Oh, and some peaple like seats. I hate them. I would jump and move to Sarah Brightman if they allowed...

Hello :wave:
It's great to be here!

I forgot to mention earlier that I do have a little web site for my work, but it also has a little U2 tribute and pics from my trip to Memphis this past December. I'm also thinking of adding some of my own Fan fiction there as well. Check it out, let me know what you think!

http://www.geocities.com/lwpic/index.html

This one goes to the main page for my poetry/writing

http://www.geocities.com/lwpic/page3.html

This one will take you directly to the Memphis / U2 page, if you want to skip the rest

I checked out your homepage. I was doing a lot of "business" on the forum, today. About your page: I'm sorry but poetry doesn't do anything for me, so I can't really constructively talk about that. However, I'm sure your poetry has plenty of fans, or soon will. Today, I'm more the rage against the machine activist type, although that would be blown out of proportion. It gets me, sometimes, like when I see injustices.
From what I know about poetry, yours is as good as it gets. ... ... this was meant to be a compliment. Feels like it didn't quite translate from my feelings into writing :( . One thing I have noticed is that your poems sound like lyrics to U2 songs - Bono should check with you before he goes and writes some more embarrassing things :) . But, for real, Bono is not bad. For me, personally, he represents ultimate cool. Or he did, when I was younger. But in terms of his lyrics, I'd say he does pretty good on 'Sometimes You Can't Make It', 'Original Species', and 'Hold Me, Thrill Me', and others, but then he comes out with songs like 'Elevation' and even some lines in 'Vertigo', sound to me like they came from the gutter part of the mind. You know, the stuff that's cheap to produce and that has probably little meaning to anyone but him.
Other than that, from the way you lead your life, I'd say you're pretty cool. I know it's tough living, but I'll encourage you for that 'dropping out of college' part. So, have you experienced some 'real life', or whatever you wanna call it? Oh yeah, from the title of your books, sound like you might be interested in writing fantasy, like kingdoms and dragons, which I fancy... well, I have a special place in my heart for. It goes beyond fancy. There's just something about that simplicity and sense of an open world, and the whole package of that old stuff, when the world was still right. I'm kidding - we're talking FANTASY - the world wasn't right. That's why I like Richard Garriot's Ultima.

The stuff I write is kinda hard to define. It's character driven, so the people are always the most important thing. I don't really try to fit into any Genre, I just sort of write the story as it flows. Sometimes it works, others... :shrug: If I had to explain it I would say fantasy is definitely the closest genre; except maybe comic books but I don't have the talent to draw. I think Tolkein was a genius, Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Anne Rice as well, so they all have influenced my writing. Weird combo? Yeah, but it gets weirer cuz I also love the classics; Poe, Yeats, Oscar Wilde and Then Ray Bradbury. I also have a massive X-men collectiion, so try and imagine putting those influences together and you get my style. (And usually a gigantic headache!)
And I'm truly flattered that you would compare my songs/poems to Bono's words. I think his lyrics are some of the most beautiful and creative things written in the twentieth century (and beyond). But really, I would never dare to compare myself to him; it would be like trying to compare a chicken to an eagle... yeah they're both birds but ... :rolleyes:
As far as living life; I am doing my best to dive in head first and make the most of it while I can. (My husband thinks I'm going through a mid-life crisis about ten years too early :giggle: )

Back
Top Bottom