Um.... Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tolkien? Stephen King? Anne Rice? I think they all go very well together. I think they all like(d) to play in the calm waters of the imagination over reality. They just found comfort and interest in different atmospheres. You know, horror stories are soothing to some people, just as fantasy is to me (as long as I have to read it). Except cerebral horror, that's the shit! With my imagination, that gets me.
Fantasy? I like the Masters of the Universe. I know it's no Tolkien, but they have a special place in my heart, too, and I'm not afraid to say it. I grew up on that, but not as much on the cheap TV series. They had some good comics and audio tapes, but my own imagination flowed into it to a great deal.
"Go in with your head first"? That's interesting. I try to make everything count, as well, but I still believe in putting my toe into the water, first, because hardly anything is worth losing your life over if there are so many ways to experience what you are risking it for, at that moment.

I have always had this overactive imagination and it just tortured me as a child because I saw too much horrific potential in everything. I was only in like sixth grade when I started writing these thoughts down and turning them into stories; I've always called it venting my demons. It helps a lot, and a lot of people seem to be entertained by all of my inner demons. Go figure. :)
And I realize I'm in the minority, but I'm not afraid of death. I nearly died once, and have dealt with more death in my 28 years than some people I know who are my mothers age have. My only real fear is never having tried the things I want to do because of fear. I lived like that in my youth; then while I was working as an EMT/Firefighter and started risking my life on a fairly regular basis I realized that I hadn't really been allowing myself to live at all. I had a lot of chances to do some cool things when I was young that I was just too scared to do, and I regret letting them pass by.

You know, now we're getting onto some serious stuff. I know it's serious, because I have to make my decisions very well, so as not to fall into the same trap as you did. However, when I think back to what I could have done better, I usually don't think about it any further, because if you would ask me the question, if I would give up any part of me, today, any of the experiences I had and the things I learned, I would say "No, I wanna keep it and go on with that." And that answer goes, I think, hand in hand with that is "No, I don't regret anything". I guess I like myself, the way I am now, and changing anything about the past risks losing something that I like, today. Besides, the fact - did you ever realize - that it's impractical to think about things like that, because there is no proven way you can change it. Of course you know that, most of us do. The thing is, some people don't feel the way they know. That was cool, my mp3 player just played Queen's "These are the days of our lives" as I read your reply. But, I'll be bloody honest and tell you, I don't know if I'd regret anything if I really thought about it. I'm too excited about tomorrow and today, these days. I also know one more thing, that it usually doesn't help when people tell matter-of-fact-ly you what you SHOULD do, when you know there is something not right. It helps more when you have people who tell you they've got the same problem.

Stephen King said that, too, didn't he, that he wrote his demons off his chest with his novels. And many musicians, I think, subscribe to the same idea.
About the 'horrific potential in everything', I understand it this way: It's like being a child who's seen too many - or maybe just one - scary cartoons and he's coming home from a walk through a forest while it's getting dark. There you have 'horrific potential' behind every tree and in every bush.

RadRacer said:

Stephen King said that, too, didn't he, that he wrote his demons off his chest with his novels. And many musicians, I think, subscribe to the same idea.
About the 'horrific potential in everything', I understand it this way: It's like being a child who's seen too many - or maybe just one - scary cartoons and he's coming home from a walk through a forest while it's getting dark. There you have 'horrific potential' behind every tree and in every bush.

I guess some of the most talented people have also been the most tormented; look at Edgar Allen Poe and/or Roger Waters from Pink Floyd? I'll trade a little suffering for some creative inspiration. :)

RadRacer said:
Ah, yes, it always seemed Pink Floyd had some issues to work out on "The Wall". It's a great album and movie, just not a lot of fun.

Very talented musicians, but very tortured. My family literally rations how much Pink Floyd I can listen to so I don't get all depressed on them :) They have no problem with U2, I just get all happy when I listen to them

"The Wall" is the only album I have of them, and it's good. Why it's no fun, all the time, is because it's a concept album. You can pick it up every once in a long while and listen through it for the experience of it. That's how I feel about it.
I like the Cure's "Bloodflowers" better, and I don't get depressed listening to them. I just think, if the Cure wasn't so sad, they would make me feel the same way Super Mario and Kirby do.
Now, if I wanna listen to fun music, there's nothing like Queen for me. Those guys are just amazing. Not even the Pillows can beat them.

I listen to just about every style type and era of music you can throw at me; though I am more familiar with some than others. My nephews like to play 'stump the aunt' (name an artist, and I'll name a song they did, name a song and general time frame, I can usually come up with an artist) but they haven't won many rounds! I've got queens greatest hits, and there are a few of them that I'd classify as standards in my collection. :)

Hey Rad racer you like how I direct you back to this thread and then don't post anything for two days? Maybe my name should be Airhead instead
I'm not so much of a spotlight hog as I make myself out to be; I'm prone to fits of exaggeration as well as self-depriciation.
Sad Girl fits me pretty well (And mood awing girl just doesn't sound as good :D ) but like any artist, I'm hard to predict. If you would rather just exchange emails, my address is LWpic@yahoo.com

You got me genuinely confused now, by that "you like how I direct you back to this thread and then don't post anything for two days?" Or did I not post anything? I'm here, everyday, just that I crawl out of my den at night. You couldn't have meant me not replying to you, because I did so all at once, in Dream Out Loud. So, there's only one conclusion: You must be playing a perverted mind game with me!

ALRIGHT!

I like it when you treat me R.o.U.g.H.!!

Thanks for your e-mail address. It'll come in handy in case something happens (i.e. banned). But I'd like to continue talking on the forum. That way, we could get somebody else in on it and we can have a threesome! True true, an S and M attraction...

You don't know self-deprecation until you've seen Nobertus138! Norbertus-WHO, you're asking? It's another one of those guys running around, like the Sultan, only WORSE! Norbertus would make the Sultan look like a pious man. But I don't know if you're interested in all that. I don't want to overload you, either, with info, so I'll just keep quiet... for a day... at this point.

I still have some business here on my "4 things that take our tickets away" post, and the upcoming sequel.

It's been a Looooong weekend dude; sorry about the confusion. I guess it had only ben a few hours gap in between there, but honestly the way this weekend was I thought it had been at least thirty hours. :crazy: Gotta love holiday weekends for making a person crazy. My entire family was staying here for the weekend, inclusing gaggles of small children, which I am not used to having around.
I did warn you I was a little crazy, though, didn't I ? ;)

I don't know if you know "crazy", but I can't really tell.

I know long weekends when I get a lot of work DONE. That's why work is better than fun.

Back
Top Bottom