Thank You Sicy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

threwabrick

The Fly
I'm a newbie to NewMedia and was thrilled to pieces when I discovered it, and your site through the message boards.

Where to begin? I've been weepy all morning and it's all your fault!

Last week I didn't know an FTP from an STD and today I'm listening to concerts I attended over 20 years ago. Technology can be a grand thing in the right hands.

You can't possibly imagine how much it means to me to listen to these shows again after all this time. Hearing that old Ritz show brings back all the excitement I felt when I first witnessed the phenomena that is U2. I knew back then (I'm ancient, 41) that they were going to be something special. I've both grown with and watched them grow and it's quite remarkable to me that I still get "that feeling" whenever I hear them. I don't even feel that way about my husband :lol:

Anywhoo, thanks Sicy, you've made me feel like a kid again!

Nanci

Awww now yer gettin me all teary - eyed. :cute:

You're very welcome and I know exactly how you feel.

A year ago I had never listened to a bootleg let alone the very first U2 show I saw 15 years ago. I literally CRIED when I was able to work out a trade with someone that had it.

I started the ftp because I want to spread the U2 love among my U2 friends!

I'm glad I could make you happy. :)

Welcome to the forum!!

I've only been to one u2 show thus far
And soon I will have the boot from that!

anywho! welcome to the board

there's another person here that's 40 :mac: stay away from him however

Thanks for the warm welcome, but then we're all U2united aren't we? Decided to throw on one of the shows from JT and I'm sitting here listening to Streets crying and remembering. I've loved music all of my life from the mid 60's on up. I've seen and heard some of the best in the biz, but nobody can make me feel the way they do.

Where would I post a question about other Irish bands? Hothouse Flowers for one. I remember getting a flicker of the tingle when I listen to their music as well.

Thanks again all :bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

Lemonade Stand is a good place to post about other bands you are listening to.

Back
Top Bottom