Pleased to meet you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luciana Lobo

The Fly
Hello everyone!!!

I'm not a wonderful writer but I'll try to explain in a few words how I became this huge U2 fan.

First of all, it's necessary to say that I'm from Brasil, this great south-american country. U2 is really popular here but not as much as some national bands and singers. You see, education isn't quite a "big" concern for the politicians, therefore, it's not so common peolpe who speak english...:(

When I was 12, I went to a Double You concert, here in Fortaleza. Hehe! Can you remember them? Hehe! They used to sing this song, With or Without You. By that time, I loved this song!!! I even bought the CD!!! (Oh my God!). Then, about a year later or so, when I still thought this great song belonged to this tacky band, I finally heard U2 playing it on the radio.

I was with my walkman and the sound went all through my head and my body... You can't believe how I felt... I can't describe how I felt... See the stone set in your eyes...

Keep in mind I was 12. My favorite band was Ace of Base. I thought Double You rocked. Are you holding on the information? Is it too much? Hehe! Well, hearing Bono singing, screaming, really changed me. WOWY was already my all time favorite tune in the world.

Since that day, I went through the path all new fans go on. Searching and searching! I was in advantage because I had a lot of old stuff to know and praise. Every new music discovered meant an entire day of pleasure.
:laugh:

I went on and on... Buying and taping and reading and listening!

Unfortunately, when they came to Brasil in 1998 I was only 16. My mother considered me too young to travel to another state "just" to see them. She had no idea how much it meant to me... Anyway, MTV broadcasted their third and last concert in Brasil (S?o Paulo). I wasn't there but I felt like I was! It was so cute to see Bono struggling to speak portuguese and everything else. I cried during I Still Haven't Found..., jumped along the crowd listening to I Will Follow and started liking Please, a song that didn't pleased me before.

Well, now I'm 20. It's been a little while... I think the only missing point on my fan resum? is the concert. I HAVE TO SEE THEM ALIVE! I hope they are still coming on Elevation Tour and this time I'll be old enough to travel. :sexywink:

Love you all,

Lucy.

A little girl with spanish eyes...

Welcome aboard Lucy, nice to have you.
Don't worry, your dream will probably happen next tour:up:

Nothing beats that first time seeing them live!

z edge said:

Nothing beats that first time seeing them live!

Yip- I nearly fainted with sheer excitement at my first U2 concert

I started hyperventilating at my first U2 concert...Mom kept yellin' at my dad to make me sit down before I passed out. *lol*

Hope you have fun here...Interference is a great place!

Oi!

Welcome aboard Luciana! I used to be the resident Brazilian here, LOL. Nice to see some people from my homeland around. You?re from the north, great city, Fortaleza. I?m from the opposite side of this huge country, very south, Porto Alegre, LOL. Hope to see you around, Interference is really great...and I have been here for 2 years already. I should know ;)

LOL at your Double You story :laugh:

:up: :cool:

Back
Top Bottom