Pleased to Meet You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicholsfornixon

The Fly
Hello. My name is Stephen and I live in Tacoma, WA (home of Ted Bundy, among other things). It's actually a pretty great place to live.

I love to read and write. My passion is politics. I'm very conservative as my username can attest to. Actually, I'm not a big fan of Nixon, but the name Nichols derives from Nixon, both being old English surnames, so I use Nixon in my username.

Not much else I can think to say about myself. Oh yeah! Of course, I love U2. All That You Can't Leave Behind was actually the first U2 CD I ever owned. I heard "Beautiful Day" and I really liked it so I put the CD on my Christmas list. It actually took awhile to grow on me, but pretty soon I moved on to Best of 1980-1990, then The Joshua Tree. Now I own every single studio album U2 has ever made. I don't know if I could say what album is my favorite. Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree are the band's most obvious masterpieces, but I've always really loved War and Zooropa, too. (By the way, I think Zooropa is criminally underrated. I think that album is as interesting as Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree, even if it isn't quite as focused and emotionally provocative as the other two albums). Of course, ATYCLB is also a very, very solid album.

Back
Top Bottom