Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lo-Fi

War Child
Hey ya'll, I've been reading this forum for well over a couple of years! so I decided to get in amoungst the action and start posting.

I've been a U2 fan since 1988, I was only 11 years old then and my pops bought The Joshua Tree. I have very distinct memories of that record and how much it made an impression on me. Every record I listend to from that point was set against the bench mark that TJT had left me.

Achtung Baby is my favourite U2 album, which is no doubt a favourite of many of you. Dark and brooding, and beautifully made.

I have seen the band 6 times, once on the Zoo TV tour, twice on the PopMART tour (A great and under rated tour in my opinion) and three times on the Elevation tour (best show being London Earls Court 19th Aug 2001 in the heart, just feet away from my man Bono). I didn't really get into live music 'til I was 15, my first live music experience being U2 on the Zoo TV tour.

My musical tastes take in different genre's of music, I like Cinematic Orchestra, DJ Shadow, UNKLE, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Prince, the list goes on. I don't really have any boundaries with music, I just enjoy good music that has heart and soul.

I'm looking forward to the new record, I love the sound of Vertigo sounds much more energised than anything on ATYCLB (sorry, but I just can't get into that record as much as I tried). My passion for U2 has been rekindled by that one 1min 30sec sample.

Thanks for your time.

Peace.

You're A Man Of Wealth And Taste...

:)

Welcome on the forum, hope you have a great time here! :wave:

*likes High Fidelity though :p*

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom