Oldbie out of lurker mode.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2NSTLOU

The Fly
Hi there folks. My name is Linda. I'm 42 and I live in St. Louis, Mo. I've been lurking about this forum for the past 2 and a half yrs and finally got up the nerve to place my first post. :eek: Now please bear with me. I happen to be a compleat idiot when it comes to computers. My 12 yr old cousin is showing me what to do. I know its so sad. But i'm slowly learning. I've been a huge fan since 1984. No ones music has moved me like U2s has. Their music can lift me out of the darkest depressions or add to the most joyous of occasions. I saw my first show during the popmart tour and I think I cryed during the first 3 songs still not able to believe that I was seeing 4 guys that I've been crazy about for so long. At the elevation show I was 2nd in line to the left at the tip of the heart. I can't tell you how excited I was to be so close to the boys. I lived off the high of that show for about 3 months grinning like a fool everytime I thought about he show. My family and friends all think I'm a bit touched in the head when it comes to U2. Thats ok I don't mind. No one I know even likes U2. My brother likes a few of their songs but he would never admit to it. I'm still working on him. None of them understands how great their music is but they do know how important it is to me. At least I have that. My mom even called me this morning to remind me that some U2 videos were on tv. :lol: that took many yrs of training:wink: I also wanted to thank all the members of feedback. Your help these last 2 yrs has been invaluable. You guys told me what to do, where to go regarding GA tix. You tell me whats new in the world of U2 and for that I can't thank you enough. :bow: Ok I know I've ramble on long enough. Sorry. If you don't hear from me anytime soon it just means I blew something up here at my end. Oh yea I almost forgot I'll be a Bono girl forever. peace to all.

Welcome Linda, and I'm glad that you decided to join us. You and I are close in age, so I'm gathering you have been a U2 fan for a long time as well. Hope to see you around! :wave:

Woohoo St. Louis in da house. We definitely need more St. Louis people here. I was at the popmart in St. Louis too, my first U2 show, it was incredible and what has led to my addiction today. I was also at St. Louis elevation, although it was one of the shows I didnt have GA :(, but that was a great show too. Welcome aboard.

Alright!! I'm not a forum virgin anymore. Anyone got a cigarette? Thanks a bunch for the welcomes. I'll try to post when I can. I have to use the library computers for now so my time is limited.

Hey, I've been a member here for awhile, too, but haven't really had time to hang out, what with finals and all (I graduate from high school in nine days). But with the coming of summer...I hope to be around more :)

elevation_u2 said:
Hey, I've been a member here for awhile, too, but haven't really had time to hang out, what with finals and all (I graduate from high school in nine days). But with the coming of summer...I hope to be around more :)
:wave: Hi. Good luck on your finals and congrats on getting out of high school. Its been a little while since I've had to deal with finals but I still remember what it was like. Hey I just noticed we signed up around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom