Newbie to Interference & U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Val

The Fly
Hello Everybody!

I have been lurking for a while here and decided that it was time to join the fun.

I am a new U2 fan that has been aware of them since the early 80's, before mainstream America knew who there were. A good friend of mine in high school was a fan and I knew of them because of her. I'd see them on MTV and think "oh, that's the band that Janet likes." I didn't hate them, I just didn't pay attention to them. (I was very wrapped up in Duran Duran.)

Now it's 20 years later and I finally paid attention due to "Elevation" being played on the television show Smallville. I heard it, and was like "that's U2! I like that song!" I downloaded it off of iTunes and played it heavily. So, while I was aware of their other songs and always listened to them when they were on the radio, it was just recently that I began to appreciate the music. I love it!

I'm doing everything in my power to catch up on the 20 years that I missed out on by not being a U2 fan. That's what brought me to Interference. I look forward to spending more time here.

Thank you for the welcome messages!!

I always hate being the new person anywhere, so it's always nice when people say hello.

What's wrong with Duran Duran?

Nothing is wrong with Duran Duran. I love DD to this day and they will always be my favorite band as I am very loyal. What I was meaning was that I didn't pay very much attention to U2 all those years ago because I was such a Duranie.

I wish I had paid attention sooner, but being 13-14 years old at the time, U2 was too political & serious for my teenage mind. Now as an adult, I can appreciate what they were/are saying and they have rapidly become my second favorite band ever.

:hmm:

Has KhanadoRhodes seen this thread? :)
Or will this board then become too much Duran Duran focused?

:D

Marty (has the Wedding Album)

(Blu :dance: to "Hungry Like the Wolf" in your honor)

You've proven your excellent musical taste already :applaud: - I'm definately happy to welcome you! (Although shame on you for letting DD push U2 into the background - you have much to catch up on!!!) :wink: Welcome!!!

Weird Al has a song called "Everything You Know is Wrong", and also did a song for a CD called Peter and The Wolf. Are Bono and Weird Al related or something?

Macfistowannabe said:
Weird Al has a song called "Everything You Know is Wrong", and also did a song for a CD called Peter and The Wolf. Are Bono and Weird Al related or something?

Maybe they both like Green Eggs And Ham! :)

Doozer is using cut and paste for her welcomes...mine are the real deal! Love having you with us...

Well, I'm just glad that people are making the effort to say hello. I think I have been here about a month now (including the time prior to registering) and have really enjoyed this place. I love being here.

Back
Top Bottom