Newbie from Finland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitten84

The Fly
Hello! :)

My name is Heini and as the subject states I'm from Finland.
I'm currently studying Engineering and this is my second year. In future I will (hopefully) design air conditioning and other piping.

I've been U2 fan since about 1998-99. I don't remember the exact year when I "found" the band. I had heard some of their songs from the radio/tv but when I first listened POP album I got hooked. My first albums I got were Rattle and Hum, and POP.
My favourite album is Zooropa but I like others too. I like most of the songs U2 has made but I have couple of all time favourites. Just to name few: Stay (Faraway, So Close!), Ultraviolet (Light My Way), Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, So Cruel, A Day Without Me, With of Without You, Running to Stand Still, Love Rescue Me...
I've never been in U2's concert but if their next tour will reach Finland I will be there to line for the ticket. :)

I've known about Interference for awhile but I just recently discovered the board.
If you have anything you would like to know (about me or why not Finland too) don't be affraid to ask.

:wave:

I'm 1/2 Finnish from my father's side and a U2 fan since '84. Welcome!! I'm sure I'll "see" you around this board. Peace.

Hi there!
Welcome!

I'm Italian, but I was a fan of Mika Hakkinen (great man!) and I'm currently a supporter of Kimi Raikkonen (cool man!).

Question: where do I put the stress on the word "Raikkonen"?
Has it a meaning?

Thank you all. :)

lady luck said:
Hi there!
Welcome!

I'm Italian, but I was a fan of Mika Hakkinen (great man!) and I'm currently a supporter of Kimi Raikkonen (cool man!).

Question: where do I put the stress on the word "Raikkonen"?
Has it a meaning?

Yes Mika Hakkinen is great. I'm not that big fan of Raikkonen though.
I'm not sure about the stress thing "Räikkönen".. I think it is on those two "k"-letters. In Finland we usually read the words how they are written.
As far as I know Raikkonen (Räikkönen) does not mean anything in Finnish. In Hakkinen (Häkkinen) "häkki" means "cage". So (very) freely translated it could be Cageish/Cagey or something like that. :)

kitten84 said:
Thank you all. :)

Yes Mika Hakkinen is great. I'm not that big fan of Raikkonen though.
I'm not sure about the stress thing "Räikkönen".. I think it is on those two "k"-letters. In Finland we usually read the words how they are written.
As far as I know Raikkonen (Räikkönen) does not mean anything in Finnish. In Hakkinen (Häkkinen) "häkki" means "cage". So (very) freely translated it could be Cageish/Cagey or something like that. :)

Oh Thanks! Do you have any recent news of Mika?

Finland & Italy have 2 things in common: we pronounce things as we write it, and we drive on the same side of the street!

:wave:

lady luck said:

Oh Thanks! Do you have any recent news of Mika?

Finland & Italy have 2 things in common: we pronounce things as we write it, and we drive on the same side of the street!

There's not that recent news of Mika. But lots of rumours going on wether or not is he going back to F1. :)

Hello and welcome! My names Helen and I live in Talluskylä which is a small village abt. 65 east of Kuopio. I'm half Finnish on my mothers side and have lived in Finland since 1982 and been a fan of U2 since 1988. It looks like U2 won't be coming to Finland again this time round. It's off to somewhere in Europe, so long as I can get tickets from someone!?:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom